admin
Site Admin

Call of Duty is coming to mobile

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:42 am

You know something is ‘serious business’ when Activision wakes up and decides to get involved. With the release of games like Fortnite and ARK last year, console-like FPS experiences on...

http://www.pockettactics.com/articles/c ... announced/

RoccoD

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:52 pm

how can someone play a shooter on a mobile is beyond me...

raindog308

Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:44 am

What is the IAP model here? I see "Points - Large Pack" and other such monstrosities, which makes me reluctant to try it.

EICJoe

Re:

Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:31 am

What is the IAP model here? I see "Points - Large Pack" and other such monstrosities, which makes me reluctant to try it.
From what I can tell so far, the main business model revolves around a BattlePass system similar to what AutoChess does. So you complete achievements and challenges and climb tiers within a season, getting rewards, but if you own the Battle Pass you're eligible for more rewards.

You can get level up tickets to level up guns outside of matches, or you level up guns through using them in match. As you level up guns you unlock more attachments. There is an in-game 'coin' currency but I haven't really figured out what it's used for yet.

It's not the worst F2P system I've seen, and really it's not as easy to be P2Win because it's down to how well you can control yourself in-match. From what I've read, the worst thing you have to worry about is people using a mouse-and-keyboard set up, which has nothing to do with the business model at all.

Was thinking of doing a brief write-up at some-point, but essentially while this game plays well and isn't terrible re: micro-transactions, it also reminds me why I stopped playing COD in the first place.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”