admin
Site Admin

Upcoming American Civil War wargame Grand Tactician releases next month

Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:16 am

Grand Tactician has been on our radar for a number of years now, and we’ve been looking forward to the day it will finally release.

http://www.wargamer.com/articles/grand- ... ease-date/

SaladMalone

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:09 pm

This game looks incredibly promising. Can't wait!

countryboy75

Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:43 am

I like the look of it, but gosh it looks a lot like Ultimate General: Gettysburg, although it seems you have more control over the camera angles. UG:G often felt like you couldn't the camera into the position you wanted to be. This title perhaps promises more immersion.

countryboy75

Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:46 am

...And in fact Ultimate General: Civil War even more so...

Talorgan

Re: <t>Upcoming American Civil War wargame Grand Tactician releases next month</t>

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:42 am

Do we know anything about its moddability yet?

Le Tondu

Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:09 pm

"one of the smallest, most boring conflicts in the history of mankind"??? No. IMHO, I can think of a couple others that are truly boring, but not the ACW.

Anyways, This game really looks terrific. With the different levels -Strategic, Operational, and Tactical all seemlessly working together, its hard to find another wargame that even comes close. Add in the naval war and a great standard is developed for all wargame developers to rise up to and match.

It would be even better if English and French intervention could be added to provide interesting what-if campaigns.

From the American Battlefield Trust:

The Cost of War: Killed, Wounded, Captured, and Missing
The Civil War was America's bloodiest conflict. The unprecedented violence of battles such as Shiloh, Antietam, Stones River, and Gettysburg shocked citizens and international observers alike. Nearly as many men died in captivity during the Civil War as were killed in the whole of the Vietnam War. Hundreds of thousands died of disease. Roughly 2% of the population, an estimated 620,000 men, lost their lives in the line of duty. Taken as a percentage of today's population, the toll would have risen as high as 6 million souls.

EICJoe

Re:

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:28 am

"one of the smallest, most boring conflicts in the history of mankind"??? No. IMHO, I can think of a couple others that are truly boring, but not the ACW.
Tbf I was trolling.
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Return to “Wargamer Front Page Discussion”