admin
Site Admin

BGG's All-time Top Ten Board Games: how soon until they're on iOS?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 pm

We've updated this list with new information as to what happened to all of the entries from 2014, as well as a quick look at the 2019 list and where we're at with digital versions.

https://www.pockettactics.com/articles/ ... s-android/

EICJoe

Re: BGG's All-time Top Ten Board Games: how soon until they're on iOS?

Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:59 am

*dusts forum topic off*
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Mirefox

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:21 pm

Thanks for dusting this topic off; it's a good one.

Two quick notes: First, FFG has digitized one 2-player duel game - Battlelore: Command. I don't think this makes it any more likely to see Star Wars: Rebellion, though. FFG doesn't seem all that interested in mobile games.

Second, (I'm sorry for not providing any kind of evidence but I can't look for it right now) I think Digidiced has said they are working on Gaia Project, though it is a ways off.

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanks for dusting this topic off; it's a good one.

Two quick notes: First, FFG has digitized one 2-player duel game - Battlelore: Command. I don't think this makes it any more likely to see Star Wars: Rebellion, though. FFG doesn't seem all that interested in mobile games.

Second, (I'm sorry for not providing any kind of evidence but I can't look for it right now) I think Digidiced has said they are working on Gaia Project, though it is a ways off.
FFG are owned by Asmodee now anyway, so most of what they'd do digitally would come under the Asmodee Digital label. There is Fantasy Flight Interactive now though, which is making the digital LOTR LCG adaptation. That might be coming to mobile.

When you get a chance, care to try and dig up a source for Gaia Project?
"Determining the appropriate level of influence in somebody else's war is never a simple matter."
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Xyrael

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Le Havre: The Inland Port is not the same game as Le Havre. It's based on different board game, a two player version with altered rules from the original., which was never in the BGG top ten

EICJoe

Re:

Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:25 pm

Le Havre: The Inland Port is not the same game as Le Havre. It's based on different board game, a two player version with altered rules from the original., which was never in the BGG top ten
Ah, so exactly like the Agricola situation then? I will amend! Thanks for the heads-up.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

Jokermon

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:35 am

From Boardgamegeek - my post with feedback on Castles of Burgandy and asking about info on Gaia project release from Digidiced

James Wolfpacker
(JamesWolfpacker)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
joker_mon wrote:
Really enjoying the app - have got a huge amount of enjoyment already for what amounts to the price of an Aussie Big Mac meal and expect to continue to enjoy for a long time.

Appreciate the support provided by Digidiced in the few few days of release and active involvement by James in this forum. Digidiced IMHO have shown huge improvements in the development of their apps from their earliest releases (Agriculture ACGaS) to date (Terra Mystica, Indian Summer and now CoB).

To me it???s a no brainer to support the developer that brings high quality digital ports of quality board games. James if you read this - Gaia Project can???t come soon enough for me.

Thank you! I'm not sure when it will come because there is also one other game in front of it that is also VERY popular. whistle App development can take awhile and can be expensive. For those complaining about the price ought to realize that the app stores take quite a big bite of the revenue from that cost. I think Google and Apple can now afford to lower their cut from developers.

ericegan

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:04 pm

What is the name of the game that goes to the splash screen picture? And can you guys subtitle your pics with the associated game from now on?

EICJoe

Re:

Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:41 am

What is the name of the game that goes to the splash screen picture? And can you guys subtitle your pics with the associated game from now on?
It's Scythe: Digital Edition - the site doesn't have any functionality to subtitle header images specifically, although we can do body images if we want to.
- Special Circumstances

Editor-in-Chief
Wargamer.com
PocketTactics.com
StrategyGamer.com

raketemensch

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:00 pm

The Terraforming Mars mobile version has apparently had a decent beta going for a while. I had no idea either.

Feature releases (like the recent Steam update with drafting) are coming just behind the PC/Mac version, and it sounds like it???s almost ready.

Personally, i???m saving that one for the table and looking forward to the mobile Scythe, which is still radio silent AFAICT.

Return to “Pocket Tactics Front Page Discussion”