irishdomer08

Re: Star Realms: The Events Awaken - Tourney Thread

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:42 am

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (37.09 KiB) Viewed 4499 times

hardco

Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm at a loss for words. I was up 69-43 against @hardco and I just got a 'You were defeated' notification. I have screenshots to prove it. I was hit with 73 authority in one (early) turn. iPad screenshots are apparently too large for this forum...
hardco (43) over irishdomer08 (-4)

I'll start here by saying I don't really care for this expansion... Irishdomer08 had a decent Trade Federation deck going, and was pretty consistently matching them. I was putting together a Blob deck, and had just bought a Blob World. On my turn, I hit 2 Quasars and a Warp Jump, drawing a large portion of my deck. I used all of my trade to buy as much firepower as possible(including a Mega Mech), and dropped the Blob World to draw into it, then bounced the Blob World 2 more times with the Mega Mech and Battle Barge. Just enough to finish him off!

hardco (10) over saviodo (-12)

We both took early damage at the beginning with the -8 event, so I went on the offense, picking up Blob and Imperial cards and whittled him down. I got worried when we later got the "gain authority" event, but I eventually got there...

cnahr

Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:46 pm

cnahr (19) over geigerm (-8). A lopsided battle, won despite a valiant attempt to turn it around in the last turn! GG

hardco

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:02 pm

hardco (13) over jhtaube (-3)

The game started with an event giving me 4 bonus trade first turn, with JHTaube getting to draw 2 extra cards (I feel like there would be a very limited window for this card to be balanced). I used the bonus money to buy the Imperial Trader, and JHTaube picked up a base (Starmarket I think?) JHTaube continued with the all base strategy, while I went with aggressive Blob and Imperial. I ignored the bases when possible, and kept hitting JHTaube, but it looked like he was going to stabilize. I was short damage my last turn, but my Recycling Station found 2 Imperial Fighters to give me enough for the win.

robthomasson

Result - Rob vs Chris

Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Rob 19 > CNahr -6

My best battle in a long while, I was riding high on authority whilst nibbling away at Chris's authority and constantly pruning his base collection. Then he suddenly brought me right down (to the low teens I think) and his bases were still appearing with monotonous regularity. I just about kept myself from disappearing until a perfect storm of cards enabled me to get him just before he got me.

cnahr

Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:23 pm

An epic battle to be sure. I think my problem was that I had purged my crap cards too soon and then got too many bases, so I ended up with turns of installing a lot of expensive bases that didn't do a whole lot for me while I was starved of ships...

By the way, I had also lost my remaining game against sjeng/jules a while ago but he has still to report it, unless I missed it.

Sjeng

Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:58 pm

By the way, I had also lost my remaining game against sjeng/jules a while ago but he has still to report it, unless I missed it.
No worries. I updated challonge with the results. Busy with work so not much time to comment here. So no hard feelings of our don't thank you all after a match.
Really enjoying playing against you all. GG !

kennfusion

Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:34 am

This new expansion hates me I swear. My all time record in my tracking is 56% win rate. I have fallen from level 8 to level 5 in the past month, and I am about to lose all 6 matches in this tourney it looks like....so sad.... :(

robthomasson

Result : Rob vs whovian223

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:34 am

Rob 38 > whovian223 -12

This one rather fell into my lap, not much - if anything - that whovian223 could have done to stem my tsunami.

geigerm

Pulled one out of my ...

Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:35 am

geigerm (1) over robthomasson (0)

Rob started with a strong blue hand, complete with the Megahauler and several other great ships as a result. I had a mostly yellow hand that I thinned repeatedly with my Fortress Oblivion. Down 37-1 in the last turn, I was able to put together exactly 37 damage for a comeback victory. Good game!

Return to “The Tourney Dome”