A Pokémon Go event is a regular occurrence these days, with something new happening pretty much every week. If you’re a big fan of the location-based monster collector, then there’s very little reason to ever not be playing, whether it’s participating in a raid hour, Community Day, Go Fest, or the smaller events that take place in between.
Now, while this is positive, as you’ve always got something to do to keep you busy, there’s a downside to it as well, as it’s really difficult to keep on top of everything that’s happening to Pokémon Go at any given moment. But that’s where we come in. Before we get into the nitty gritty stuff, check out our Pokémon Go promo codes, Pokédex, and Pokémon Go Eevee Evolution guide.
This guide details each current and upcoming Pokémon Go event. We’ll keep it regularly refreshed and remove events from the previous months that are no longer applicable.
From December 1 at 13:00 PST/21:00 GMT to March 1, 2024, at 13:00 PDT/21:00 GMT, you can encounter Lapras, Galarian Weezing, Galarian Mr Mime, Furfrou, Jangmo-o, and Goomy in research breakthrough encounters.
Pokémon spotlight hours take place every Tuesday from 18:00 to 19:00 local time. Here’s each of the Pokémon you can encounter:
- December 5: Feebas is in the spotlight and you earn twice the catch candy. You may even encounter a shiny!
- December 12: Seel is in the spotlight and you earn twice the transfer candy. You may even encounter a shiny!
- December 19: Snorunt is in the spotlight and you earn twice the evolution XP. You may even encounter a shiny!
- December 26: Vanillite is in the spotlight and you earn twice the catch stardust. You may even encounter a shiny for the first time in Pokémon Go!
Niantic has revealed the next Pokémon Go Community Day catch up event! It runs from 14:00 to 17:00 local time on both December 16 and 17, you can expect to encounter the following bonuses:
- On December 16 you can expect to encounter more Slowpoke, Galarian Slowpoke, Togetic, Chespin, Fennekin, and Noibat. You may even encounter a shiny!
- On December 17 you can expect to encounter more Poliwag, Wooper, Paldean Wooper, Timburr, Axew, Froakie, and Grubbin. You may even encounter a shiny!
- During the last ten minutes of each hour on both days, encounter rates for Charmander, Squirtle, Mareep, Swinub, and Larvitar increases. You may even encounter a shiny
- Evolve the featured Pokémon during the day or up to two hours afterward to receive a ‘mon with a special move, you can find the full list here
- 1/2 hatch distance for eggs placed in incubators during the event
- Two times catch experience, catch stardust, and catch candy
- Incense and lure modules activated during the event last for three hours
Upcoming Pokémon Go events:
Here are all of the upcoming events you can take part in while playing Pokémon Go:
- Mateo Routes event
- Runs from December 5 at 10:00 to December 8 at 20:00 local time. Head over to the official Pokémon Go blog post for more details.
- Adamant Time event
- Runs from December 11 at 10:00 to December 15 at 20:00 local time. You can check out the full details on the official Pokémon Go blog post
Timeless Travels – season 13
Niantic has now launched season 13, Timeless Travels! This season is set to end on March 1, 2024, at 10:00 local time. We recommend you view the official Pokémon Go blog post to find full details for the season.
If you can’t get enough of this location-based game, we recommend you also take a look at our Pokémon Go Eevee evolution guide.