We’re now only a few days away from the much anticipated release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus. If you want to ensure that you’ll be among the first players to explore the ancient Sinnoh region, as well as get your hands on some sweet bonus content, then you might want to think about getting your pre-order on.
Pre-ordering Pokémon Legends: Arceus gives you access to a bunch of in-game goodies that won’t be available to those who purchase on the day of release. To save you from missing out on anything, we’ve got everything you need to know about where to pre-order the game, what it will cost, and the early purchase bonuses you’ll get.
Before you know it, you’ll be enjoying all the joys and thrills that this game can provide: exploring every nook and cranny of this new version of Sinnoh, catching all of the new Hisuian Pokémon, and discovering the secrets of Arceus.
Anyway, here’s all the details on Pokémon Legends: Arceus pre-order bonuses:
Pokémon Legends: Arceus Amazon pre-order bonus
If you choose to order your copy of Pokémon Legends: Arceus from Amazon, you’ll be given an extra code which can then be redeemed in the Nintendo eshop. This will unlock you an exclusive Garchomp Kimono Set, which is worn by your character in the game. This offer is exclusive to Amazon US (and Japan), so if you want to get your hands on it, you’ll need to pre-order it through them.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus Early Purchase Bonuses
In addition to the pre-order bonus mentioned above, there will be a number of features available to early purchasers of the game. These will be available via the Mystery Gift function within the game. Here’s a list of what these bonuses will include:
- Hisuian Growlithe Kimono Set: this is a unique outfit that can be worn in-game
- Baneful Fox Mask: an additional cosmetic item which your character can wear.
- 30 Heavy Balls: these are a type of Poké Ball that’s particularly good at catching heavy Pokémon.
These bonus items will all be available to all players until May 9th 2022, but it’s important to note that some game progression is required in order to unlock the Mystery Gift feature and, therefore, access the early purchase bonuses. Nintendo estimates that it will take players approximately two hours of play time to unlock Mystery Gift and if you buy the game without progressing this far before May 9th, you’ll miss out on these extras.
Bonuses for owners of other Switch Pokémon games
Loyal Nintendo fans will be pleased to hear that players whose Switch contains save data from the other main series Pokémon games on Switch will be rewarded with some in-game goodies. Here’s a run down of what the data from each game gets you:
- Pokémon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl
- Once you’ve finished the main story, you’ll gain access to a research request that will give you an opportunity to catch the legendary Pokémon Darkrai.
- Approximately one hour into the game, you’ll be able to unlock the Modern Team Galactic Set, which allows your characters to dress like members of Team Galactic. Once you join the in-game Galaxy Expedition Team, you just need to speak to a clothier.
- Pokémon Sword & Shield
- Once you’ve finished the main story, you’ll gain access to a research request that will give you an opportunity to catch the legendary Pokémon Shaymin (Land Forme).
- Approximately one hour into the game, you’ll be able to unlock the Shaymin Kimono Set, which allows your characters to wear an outfit inspired by Shaymin. Once you join the in-game Galaxy Expedition Team, you just need to speak to a clothier.
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu & Let’s Go, Eevee
- Approximately one hour into the game, you’ll be able to unlock a Pikachu and an Eevee mask, which can be worn at all times. Once you join the in-game Galaxy Expedition Team, you just need to speak to a clothier. Regardless of which version of the game you have, you’ll unlock both the Eevee and the Pikachu mask.
All you need to have is save data for any of these three games on your console, so you could always start up a file for the sole purpose of unlocking these features, only to come back to them once you’ve finished.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus Pokémon Legends: Arceus $59.99 Pre-Order Network N earns affiliate commission from qualifying sales.
Where to pre-order Pokémon Legends: Arceus
For those who are primarily concerned with getting the best price when you pre-order, we’ve gathered them all in one place so that you can easily compare the prices across different websites: