Evony is a real-time strategy MMO mixed with a simplistic one-touch puzzler. Although this may sound unusual, solving the odd puzzle is the perfect way to kill time while you upgrade or construct new buildings. This Evony guide will teach you everything you need to know to master this.
The aim of the game is to constantly upgrade, research, build, and expand your kingdom to become the most powerful force in all of Evony. However, expanding too much too fast draws the attention of enemies, so make sure you form an alliance or two to protect your empire. There is more to do than just build, however, as you send out troops for raids, battles, and to gather supplies to break up the wait timers.
At the start of the game, you get to choose a leader from one of seven regions, including America, China, Europe, Russia, Korea, Arabic, and Japan, each of which has its own unique bonuses. If you need help making that difficult choice, and more, you’ve come to the right place! We’re going to explain everything you need to know about the game in our complete Evony guide.
everything in our Evony guide:
Evony is an MMO with a lot more going on than meets the eye. Here’s how to play:
- The objective of Evony is to build your empire from the ground up. Once you have a decent empire, your shields will drop and you are on your own to defend yourself
- Evony is a real-time strategy game, taking place in a live world map. What this means is anyone can march towards your castle walls at any time
- Once you’ve built and upgraded your castle, you can venture into ancient ruins to hunt for treasure. This part of the game really challenges your skills with surprisingly complex one-touch puzzles
- If you are planning to get strong, you will need to amass as much gold, gems, stone, lumber, and food as possible. A weak empire is one lacking any of the aforementioned resources
- You use your resources to upgrade every type of building you can create and to train any new troops. Upgrading a building will detail exactly what and how many resources you will use up, with the keep being the most costly to upgrade
It is unlikely that you will meet a bot in Evony, but they are out there. Normally people would set bots to do the mundane resource gathering tasks or any task that requires repetition. Therefore, if you are getting attacked, it’s probably a real player.
You should not hack Evony because it will fast-track you onto the banhammer list. If you aren’t fazed by a permanent ban, then ask yourself, what is the point? The reason anyone plays Evony is to build your empire from the ground up and to enjoy that progression. In many ways, hacking defeats that purpose entirely.
You can grab a copy of Evony for your iOS, Android, and Kindle devices. The game is free-to-play but includes IAPs for gems and speed-ups.
- To download from the App Store, click the link and press the get it button
- If you have an Android device, you can download a copy from Google Play
- If you have a Kindle, then you can grab a copy from the Amazon app store
You can play Evony on your computer in a number of ways. Check them out below:
- BlueStacks: you can download the Android emulator, Bluestacks, on your computer. Once you have installed it, you can download thousands of mobile games, including Evony
- Memu Play: just like BlueStacks, Memu Play is an Android emulator for your computer. Simply install the program on your computer and search for Evony on the store page
- Evony.com: you can play the original Evony game on your computer by visiting the official site
Whether you’re constructing new buildings, upgrading existing ones, or leading an attack on a group of robbers outside your city walls, it all takes time. You can always spend your gems to skip the timers, but gems are hard to come by and shouldn’t be wasted for no reason. The most effective way to skip wait timers is to stockpile as many speedups as you possibly can. We explain how to get all the speedups you need in the section below.
There are many ways to earn speedups in Evony: The King’s Return, but each time you upgrade a building, the wait timer will go up, so you’ll need to have a lot of them to progress. Here is how to collect more speedups:
- Complete quests: completing the main quests rewards you with a decent amount of speedups. Completing side quests rewards you with fewer speedups and they speed up a smaller amount of time. However, completing side quests is a good way to stockpile lots of small speedups for use later
- Complete puzzles: if you complete the one-touch puzzles, they have a chance of rewarding you with speedups. Also, if you complete a certain amount of puzzles, you can collect some speedups from the reward chest at the bottom of the screen
- Event center: every day, you will be able to collect something from the event center by either participating in events, or upgrading your castle to a certain level. If not, you can still check the daily log-in bonuses in the event center and collect some speedups from there
- Invite friends: if you invite ten friends, you can collect 53 sixty-minute speedups. If two of these friends make it to level 20, you can also earn another 53 sixty-minute speedups, as well as 53 one hour speedups for researching new technologies
- Check the server gift: if you go into your city, and swipe down to the main gate, there is a chest that appears every so often which may have a speed-up or two inside
- Buy some: if you are that desperate, you can buy some speedups directly, or get them inside of the bundles you can purchase
- Trade them: you can trade your gems for speedups in the shop. The cost is 50 gems for each 15-minute speedup, all the way up to 850 gems for an eight-hour speedup
You can download a copy of Evony from several trustworthy APK sites. If you are looking for a site you can trust, check out APKPure.
Looking for some helpful tips and tricks? Then you have come to the right place::
- Make friends: playing Evony with a group of people who have been there and done that can save you countless hours and gems spent upgrading the wrong things
- Open your supplies: when you play, you will collect chests, bags, and boxes full of supplies. They are all equally useless until you open them up. If you need a few thousand stones, some lumber, or grain, this is the best place to get it
- Explore: look around the maps for stone, lumber, and food to raid. There are often some unique surprises out there in the world of Evony, so don’t shut your castle gates just yet
- Look for generals: you can recruit generals from the tavern for a hefty price. It is worth keeping an eye on anyone that comes through there as a top general is incredibly rare and vital in the later stages of the game. You won’t get far with a common general!
Want to know what the best MMORPGs are? Then you need to check out our best mobile MMORPGs guide.