We recently got word that Idola Phantasy Star Saga, the new mobile instalment in the classic game series, is coming to the west soon, with pre-registrations having just opened. The game originally launched in Japan back in late 2018, to celebrate the anniversary of the Phantasy Star series, which first appeared in 1987. The game series has grown to huge popularity since.
Set in the world of Vandor, Idola Phantasy Star Saga centres around fighting giant monsters known as Idola, with the help of your ragtag band of adventurers. Vandor is a dangerous land, you see, terrorised by the dangerous creatures that dwell there. The game lets you face these monsters in party-based combat, but also fight against others in a PvP arena mode.
So we thought we’d create an Idola Phantasy Star Saga guide, to round up what we currently know about the game, but also to keep you updated on anything and everything there is to know about the upcoming RPG. Whether it’s release date, characters, or simply which platforms the game is on, our Idola Phantasy Star Saga guide has you covered.
here’s everything in our idola phantasy star saga guide:
We already have some pretty cool details about the game itself. Here’s what we know about Idola Phantasy Star Saga so far:
- The soundtrack for Idola Phantasy Star Saga is being composed by Kenichi Tokoi, who has previously worked on the music of Sonic the Hedgehog games
- Idola Phantasy Star Saga features a special battle system called Destiny Divergence. This allows you to give characters two sides and then switch between in battle for special attacks and effects – think like how the Abomination works in Darkest Dungeon
The original game launched in Japan back in late 2018, however, we don’t know exactly when Idola Phantasy Star Saga is set to arrive in the west. But as pre-registration has now arrived, it won’t long before we get to play the game for ourselves!
Boltrend Games has announced that pre-registration for Idola Phantasy Star Saga is now open! Here’s what you need to know:
- Pre-registration is now open in the following regions – US, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, The Philippines, Thailand, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa
- If you want to pre-register, find the game on Google Play and the App Store
Boltrend Games is a well-known publisher with a number of games under its belt for the Japanese market, including Mitrasphere, Crypract, and Graffiti Smash. Boltrend are set to publish Idola Phantasy Star Saga.
While there is currently no trailer for the version of the game coming to the west, you can watch the trailer for the original game, which launched back in 2018:
Since Idola Phantasy Star Saga came out in 2018, we know plenty about the world. You must gather a party of heroes and venture across the land of Vandor, defending its people from the deadly monsters that inhabit it. Here are some of the Idola Phantasy Star Saga characters you are going to meet:
- Uly: the protagonist of this story, a cheerful and easy-going teenager who naturally gets along with everyone. After his parents died prematurely, he was adopted by Duncan and raised as a sailor. After meeting with Stella and the others, Uly starts his journey into the wider world
- Stella: the current Master of the Aries Chivalric Order, an [Aries] Zodiart. Introverted and shy, she usually wears an iron mask to hide her face. She is always calm with the mask, but once the mask is off, her introvert personality will be revealed
- Rosalinde: second Princess of the Leorian Empire. A [Leo] Zodiart. She is dedicated to the Law and proud of its ideals. Meanwhile, she has a strong sense of justice
- Anna Marie: Stella’s mother, an [Aries] Zodiart. Previous Master of the Aries Chivalric Order, this position has now been given to her daughter
- Jasper: leader of the Brigands’ Gang he is a [Gemini] Zodiart. He loves to live a free and unrestrained life and often behaves rashly. At first glance he appears to be a reckless prodigy…
With pre-registration open for Android and iOS, we can confrim that the game is releasing to both platforms, so no matter who you are, you can adventure into Vandor when the game launches.