Pocket Tactics is looking for a new editor to cover some of the most popular mobile and Switch games out there, including Coin Master, Genshin Impact, and Pokémon. Not only that, but you will also get to manage a lovely team of writers and a pool of freelancers.
Since our relaunch in March 2020, we’ve become the number one site for mobile gamers. Whether you’re after reviews and news, or a couple of codes for your favourite games, we’re here to help. You’ll join a team of passionate and supportive people, and will work with us to grow the site even further.
You’ll need to ensure the site’s content hits Network N’s high editorial standards, have a good understanding of SEO, and have experience managing staff. You’ll also, of course, need to be passionate about mobile and Switch gaming, and thrive on seeing the site grow.
If that sounds like you, check out the full criteria below.
About the job
Role: Editor – Pocket Tactics
Location: Bath, UK (also available remotely for UK workers)
Closing Date: October 20, 2021 (apply here)
Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £30,000 per annum
- Planning and overseeing all published content, ensuring high quality levels and adherence to brand values and guidelines
- Developing, executing, and optimising strategies to grow the monthly userbase and pageviews on the website
- Managing the editorial team and a pool of freelancers, including budget control
- Content creation with a focus on guides and reviews, plus news and feature writing
- Commissioning and editing content submissions
- Developing and maintaining an awareness of SEO best practices and utilising these to grow traffic
- Developing the standing of Pocket Tactics in the eyes of both its audience and the industry, through quality content, networking, and outreach
- Building and maintaining relationships with PRs, developers, and publishers
- Representing Pocket Tactics and Network N, and arranging event attendance for team members and freelancers
- Using the company’s workflow tools correctly and effectively, including Asana, GSuite, etc.
- Feeding back to senior management regarding output and progress, and implementing feedback and direction from above
- Other as requested by the Publishing Director
- 3+ years experience in senior editorial positions at established online entertainment brands
- Exceptional knowledge of and a passion for mobile and handheld gaming
- Ability to identify and capitalise on emerging trends
- A thorough understanding of online publishing best practices and SEO
- A track record of having grown an online audience
- High editorial standards, exceptional organisation, and a keen eye for detail
- Experience managing staff members
- Established industry contacts
- SEO knowledge
- Proactivity and a strong work ethic
- Clear ambition and a desire to continually raise the bar
How to apply
If it sounds like you are the right fit, please send a covering letter, a CV, and at least one example of a piece of written work using this link. Good luck!
Working for Network N
We’re a fun and friendly company offering an informal working environment with offices in central Bath. We are always growing, work fast but accurately, have an international reach and are nerdy as hell! We are committed to being an inclusive workplace and have various groups and events to hear underrepresented voices including Women @ Network N, Black Lives Matter, and LGBTQ+ @ Network N.
Our people make our success, so it is only fair we give plenty in return, including:
- 28 days holiday
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Competitive salary
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee social events, including Christmas & summer parties