Network N is looking for a new Eccomerce Managing Editor to provide the highest level of ecommerce content across its growing network of gaming and entertainment sites. With a team of eager ecommerce specialists reporting to the editor, applicants need to match management skills with an eye for revenue opportunity, hitting targets, and SEO.
With the editor taking the lead across the network with ecommerce content such as pre-order deals to Black Friday and Cyber Monday coverage, the ideal candidate will have experience in both management and writing ecommerce content as well as an awareness of the wider media landscape. The position is a full-time hybrid contract, so you can either work from home or our lovely offices in the centre of Bath.
Ecommerce Managing Editor
Role: Ecommerce Managing Editor
Location: Bath, or remotely within the UK
Salary: £55k per year
Closing date: December 4, 2022
Create and manage all ecommerce output across Network N Media’s portfolio of owned websites. Build and work with a team of in-house writers and freelancers to research, write, commission, and optimise a suite of buyers guides and other ecommerce content that will help our readers make informed purchasing decisions.
Work with the editorial teams to ensure that our buyers guides are backed by expert reviews, ensure that SEO and UX best practices are adhered to, and grow our ecommerce revenues against agreed targets.
- Coordinating Network N’s content strategy across all brands, with a particular focus on PCGamesN and GearNuke
- Working with the leadership team (Publishing Director, Publisher – Special Projects, Executive Chairman, and CEO) to refine our content mix and strategies as they relate to ecommerce content
- Growing our ecommerce revenues against agreed targets
- Planning our ecommerce content pyramids, undertaking keyword research, competitor research, and implementing a system of updates and content management
- Researching, planning, and creating and our most valuable tier-one buyers guides
- Managing and growing a team of dedicated ecommerce writers, coordinating the production of all other buyers guides and ecommerce content
- Managing a freelance budget and freelancers, commissioning ecommerce content
- Ensuring all content is produced to best practice SEO and UX requirements
- Working closely with the Ecommerce Manager to ensure optimised affiliation of products in buyers guides
- Leading onboarding and education relating to e-commerce writing across the business, embedding best practices among teams
- Monitoring Network N’s ecommerce internal linking strategy, and coordinating backlink outreach
- Coordinating content strategies for key trading events including Black Friday and Amazon Prime Day
- Working with the wider editorial teams to devise, plan, and publish content that aligns with our overall strategy
- Working with our technology teams to build out best-in-class buying advice templates and run a/b testing across our ecommerce content
- Running weekly team meetings and fortnightly 1:1s
- Other as requested by the Publishing Director, Executive Chairman, or CEO
- Previous ecommerce experience working on a gaming/technology brand
- Must have previous experience in editorial content management and planning, and ideally affiliate-focused content
- Experience of optimising content for discoverability best practises, across both organic search rankings and Google News
- Ability to write quickly, accurately, and entertainingly to task, preferably with experience writing for a gaming publication
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to quickly check and audit best practice across all content
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Previous experience managing a team or freelancers
- An interest in PC gaming and hardware
- Proficiency with basic working tools: docs, sheets, task management software, etc
- Meets the criteria in MGT level 4 in our progression framework
How to apply
If the above sounds like you, please send us a CV, a cover letter, and a recent writing sample via the Network N careers site.
Working for Network N Media
We’re a fun and friendly company offering an informal working environment with offices in central Bath. We are always growing, work fast but accurately, have an international reach and are nerdy as hell! We are committed to being an inclusive workplace and have various groups and events to hear underrepresented voices including Women, Neurodiversity, Diversity and Pride.
Our people make our success, so it is only fair we give plenty in return, including:
- 28 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Private medical plan through Vitality with enhanced mental health provision
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gift Card scheme
- Employee social events, including Christmas & summer parties
Good luck with your application!