If you’ve ever dreamt about covering your favourite mobile and Switch games for a living, now’s your chance! Network N is looking to hire two new staff writers to expand the core Pocket Tactics team.
Since relaunching in March of last year, we’ve rapidly become the number one place to go for mobile gamers – and we’re only getting bigger and better. As such, we’re looking for excellent writers with a love for mobile and Switch gaming, who can create engaging guides, news, reviews, and other content tailored to our audience.
While these are entry-level positions, we’ll still need to see some published work from you, even if it’s just on your personal blog. The most important thing is that you know and can write about videogames, from premium releases to the most popular free-to-play titles around.
If that sounds like you, check out the full criteria for both staff writer roles below:
Staff Writer – Pocket Tactics
Location: Bath, UK (also available remotely for UK workers)
Closing Date: December 1, 2021 (apply here)
Create brilliant regular content for the website, with a focus on original reporting, including news, features, guides, opinion pieces, and more. Generate, write, upload, and publish high-quality editorial output with a view to growing the site’s reach and enhancing the brand’s reputation.
- Daily content creation, with a focus on guides, news writing, and original reporting
- Other content creation tasks, including reviews, features, and opinion pieces
- Uploading stories to site CMS
- Conducting interviews and transcription
- Ensuring consistently high editorial standards across all published content
- Editorial planning, including spotting and exploring content opportunities
- Attending and reporting from industry events
- Maintaining a keen eye on industry developments and competitors
- Building and maintaining relationships with PRs, developers, publishers, community sources etc.
- Ensuring content is optimised for audience growth and discovery, and developing an awareness of best practices to facilitate this
- Adhering to our guidelines for style, tone, and SEO
- Sub-editing the work of others, if required
- Using the company’s workflow tools correctly and effectively, including Asana, GSuite, etc.
- Other as requested by the Editor
- The ability to write brilliantly and quickly
- A keen interest in mobile gaming
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: docs, sheets, task management, etc.
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
- Write at least five news stories/two guides/one guide and three news stories per day (unless otherwise agreed with Editor)
- Editor, Pocket Tactics
HOW TO APPLY
If it sounds like you are the right fit, please send a covering letter, a CV, and at least one example of a piece of written work using this link. Good luck!
WORKING FOR NETWORK N
We’re a fun and friendly company offering an informal working environment with offices in central Bath. We are always growing, work fast but accurately, have an international reach and are nerdy as hell! We are committed to being an inclusive workplace and have various groups and events to hear underrepresented voices including Women @ Network N, Black Lives Matter, and LGBTQ+ @ Network N.
Our people make our success, so it is only fair we give plenty in return, including:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- Birthdays off along with a birthday Amazon voucher
- Twice yearly Network N ‘No Work’N’der’ (extended weekend)
- Auto-enrolment pension (with increasing employer contributions based on years of service)
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- WeCare 24/7 GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing
- Vitality private health care
- Employee Benefits Choice (discounted store/gift cards)
- Tech and Cycle Schemes
- Incredible refurbished office in Bath with desk hoteling
- Employee social events, including Christmas & summer parties