If you’ve ever dreamt about covering your favourite mobile and Switch games for a living, now’s your chance! Network N is looking to hire two new staff writers to expand the core Pocket Tactics team.
Since relaunching in March of last year, we’ve rapidly become the number one place to go for mobile gamers – and we’re only getting bigger and better. As such, we’re looking for excellent writers with a love for mobile and Switch gaming, who can create engaging guides, news, reviews, and other content tailored to our audience.
While these are entry-level positions, we’ll still need to see some published work from you, even if it’s just on your personal blog. The most important thing is that you know and can write about videogames, from premium releases to the most popular free-to-play titles around.
If that sounds like you, best check out the full criteria for both staff writer roles below:
Staff Writer – Pocket Tactics
Location: Bath, UK (also available remotely for UK workers)
Closing Date: April 10, 2021 (apply here)
- Content creation: writing guides, features, reviews, and news stories
- Editorial planning, including spotting and exploring content opportunities
- Sub-editing the work of others, if required
- Conducting interviews
- Cultivating relationships with developers, publishers, PRs, etc.
- Attending events, trade shows, etc. (these are digital at present)
- Learning and working within guidelines for style, tone, and SEO
Required skills and experience:
- The ability to write brilliantly and quickly
- A keen interest in mobile and/or Nintendo Switch gaming
- Experience writing and pitching articles
- Proficiency with basic working tools: google docs, sheets, task management, etc.
- Proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- Previous CMS experience
As for what we can offer you, you’ll get 28 days of holiday, access to a profit share scheme, and much more.
If you reckon you’d be a perfect fit for the role, be sure to fire your CV, covering letter, and relevant work examples our way to explain why you’re well-suited to Pocket Tactics and what you’d bring to the team. Best of luck!