If you get a kick out of writing scripts for web story content and videos, especially on a range of games and media, here’s an opportunity you can’t refuse! Network N is looking for a script writer who will work closely with the editorial and video teams to create a range of content.
Not only do you get to write scripts for content on Network N’s own brands, such as PCGamesN, The Loadout, The Digital Fix, Wargamer, and, of course, Pocket Tactics, you also get to sink your teeth into the company’s Most Wanted Series that runs across Publisher Collective partner websites. It truly is a great opportunity if you have a passion for scriptwriting.
We should note that you need to have a background in video, having some experience working with that sort of media. The position is open to anyone based in the UK, and you can work remotely or from our office in Bath. This is your chance to join a fast-growing, fun company, that’s nerdy as hell.
If this sounds like you, check out the full criteria for the position below:
Location: Bath, UK (also available remotely for UK workers)
Closing Date: January 4, 2022 (apply here)
You will work with the video and editorial teams to plan and produce video and web story scripts for Network N’s owned-and-operated website brands, as well as bespoke video scripts for our Most Wanted series across Publisher Collective partner websites. Ensure that both our video and written content is distributed across our syndication and social platforms to the widest possible audience.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning and writing weekly video and web story content for Network N’s owned-and-operated brands, and our Most Wanted series
- Writing high quality video scripts to a deadline
- Adhering to our guidelines for style and tone
- Working with the editorial teams to ensure that video and web story content is relevant
- Working with the video team to provide capture or footage links where necessary
- Uploading completed videos to relevant platforms
- Reacting to industry trends and engaging with our existing audiences
- Supervising the production of translated content when required
- Supporting audience growth objectives across relevant platforms
- Tracking the performance of video content via weekly and monthly reports
- Using the company’s workflow tools correctly and effectively, including Asana, GSuite, etc
- Other tasks as requested by the deputy editor or editor
You will be expected to have:
- Previous experience working with video
- Good knowledge of the main video platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good understanding of the videogame industry and its various audiences
- A good understanding of social media and video platforms, such as YouTube, TikTok, etc
- An analytical approach, proactivity, attention to detail, and excellent organisation
- A strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Must be able to produce of right to work in the UK by the start of employment
How to apply
If it sounds like you’re the right fit, please send a cover letter, a CV, and a recent writing sample using this link. Good luck!
Working for Network N
We’re a fun and friendly company offering an informal work environment with offices in central Bath. We are always growing, work fast but accurately, have an international reach and are nerdy as hell! We are committed to being an inclusive workplace and have various groups and events to hear underrepresented voices including Women @ Network N, Black Lives Matter and LBGTQ+ @ Network N.
Our people make our success, so it’s only fair we give plenty in return, including:
- 28 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- Private medical plan through Vitality with enhanced mental health provision
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Profit share scheme for all
- EMI scheme (after one year of service)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gift Card scheme
- Employee social events, including Christmas & summer parties
Again, if this is a company you wish to work for, follow this link and apply. Good luck!!