Smash Legends allows you to use a large number of unique, tough, and adorable characters in different combat settings. The gameplay feels reminiscent of Super Smash Bros. and Brawl Stars, yet still manages to be the breath of fresh air that the battle royale genre needs right now.
Each mode is slightly different and either teams you up with other players, or makes you go it alone as you attempt to knock your opponent off the edge of a compact map, racking up some sweet kills. It’s full of fast-paced action, making Smash Legends the perfect game to play while on the go.
If you’re new to Smash Legends, or just want to find a new character to main, we’re here to help. From Team Deathmatch to Harvest War, we have chosen the characters who are best suited to each mode and will provide you with detailed information on what you can expect during play.
Without any further delay, let’s get into the modes.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SMASH LEGENDS GAME MODES:
Only one person will come out on top in this eight-player free-for-all mode. The map starts off fairly large but shrinks over time, forcing players into close combat until the victor is crowned.
- Hook is a marksman who dominates from a distance. In the larger map found in the battle royale mode, she can keep away from the action and pick off other players from afar.
- Red is an incredibly fast assassin who can take down enemies before they know what hit them.
In this 3v3 mode, every player gets the chance to hold a crown once. You must chase down each crowned opponent and steal the coveted item from them before time runs out.
- As a tank with high HP, Kaiser is well suited to crown guard mode. However, he is slow, so we recommend using him in a team with the faster characters we have mentioned below.
- Cindy is a speedy legend who can also dish out her fair share of damage when the need arises.
- As we mentioned above, Red is very fast, meaning he can outrun opponents and get in some quick hits on crowned enemies.
You must capture a small area and hold your ground in this fast-paced 3v3 mode. It sounds simple enough, but it’s difficult to keep the enemy away without the appropriate team.
- Master Cat is not only adorable, but also a solid all-rounder to use in dominion mode.
- Peter is a great legend for beginners, and since dominion is the first mode you obtain, he can help you learn the ropes.
- Alice is a support character who can drop landmines and immobilise enemies in order to keep them away from the control point.
Duel mode allows you to truly show off how skilled you are at Smash Legends. In this 1v1 you must fight to the death in order to obtain glory.
- Kaiser can take a lot of damage, meaning he will last longer in a 1v1 if used well.
- Ducky & Swan are fast on their feet and can dish out some decent damage. If you prefer fast-paced combat over tanking attacks, this is the legend for you.
The aim of this mode is to collect as much fruit as possible by taking down Mandrakes. When you need a quick break from legend-on-legend violence, this a fun and competitive way to kick back.
- Witch Queen has a unique ability that turns foes into frogs. This is helpful in harvest mode, as it halts their fruit gathering.
- If you’re looking for a decent all-rounder, Ravi is your man. With a basic attack that holds other players in place, he can help with crowd control.
Harvest War is a brand new weekend-exclusive mode that has you take on Mandrakes and attack other players to hinder their progress.
- Once again, we recommend Witch Queen for her Green Curse ability that turns foes into frogs.
- Master Cat is our recommended all-rounder for Harvest War. With his airborne combos and agility he will catch every enemy off guard.
In this 3v3 mode you must reach ten kills before your opponents. Team Deathmatch can feel extremely fast paced and requires you support your team and get some kills in.
- Snow is the newest Smash Legends character, with outstanding evasion and a powerful ultimate attack. They are invaluable during team deathmatches.
- Peter has a powerful spinning AoE ultimate skill that can knock numerous opponents out of the map.
- For a little bit of extra support we recommend bringing Alice. Her landmines can immobilise enemies and she can dish out a lot of damage.