Subway Surfers is an endless runner that first hit our mobile devices in 2012. Since then, it’s been downloaded billions of times. The developer, SYBO Games, has been adding content ever since. The most recent update takes to the streets of Bali, where players can get their hands on the new Surfers, Mei and Maeko.
If you don’t know anything about Subway Surfers, then you are missing out on one of the best high score chasers to ever hit mobile devices. But, that doesn’t mean you have missed the chance entirely. At over eight years old, the franchise is still going strong and has recently been developed into an animated series.
With that being said, there is more in Subway Surfers then ever before. There are missions, season hunts, and plenty of new characters to collect. As of right now, there are over 20 unique characters and 20 different boards. So, if you are looking for a breakdown of the Bali update, or just general tips and tricks, this guide has everything.
Everything we know about Subway Surfers
It is possible to play Subway Surfers against your friends, however, this is a feature that is exclusive to China. For us western players, the closest we can get to multiplayer is to play the Subway Surfers game on Snapchat, or try and beat your friend’s high scores on the leaderboard.
There are over 20 boards to collect in Subway Surfers at the time of writing. Their cost and abilities are listed below.
|Board Name||Cost in coins||Special Ability||Special Ability|
|Big Kahuna||65,000||Smooth Drift||Lay Low|
|Great White||20,000||Super Speed||Smooth Drift|
|Hot Rod||280,000||Speed Up|
|Lumberjack||4,000||Double Jump||Stay Low|
|Monster||30,000||Super Speed||Super Jump|
|Scoot||35,000||Zap Sideways||Super Speed|
|Skull Fire||75,000||Double Jump||Super Speed|
|Freestyler||45,000||Double Jump||Super Jump|
|Starboard||Free||Star Trail||Double Jump|
|Sunset||12,000||Pink Trail||Smooth Drift|
|Superhero||8,000||Zap Sideways||Super Jump|
|Coral||50,000||Protects for 30s|
|Ray*||Level 100||Protects for 30s|
*Level 100 of the Bali season hunt.
Playing Subway Surfers on your PC is remarkably easy, and multiple websites offer the same service. Your progress is only saved on one site, so if you choose Poki, for example, you will have to keep using it.
|Character Name||Cost in coins||Outfit||Outfit|
|Boombot||Free with a purchase|
|Brody||350,000||Posh Outfit||Chill Outfit|
|Dino||Log into Facebook|
|Ella||150,000||Rasta Outfit||Gold Outfit|
|Frank||40,000||Clown Outfit||Tiger Outfit|
|Fresh||50 Boomboxes||Funk Outfit||Sport Outfit|
|Jake||Free||Dark Outfit||Star Outfit|
|King||80,000||Count Outfit||Royal Outfit|
|Lucy||7,000||Goth Outfit||Steam Outfit|
|Miss Maia||100 Keys|
|Ninja||20,000||Yang Outfit||Flame Outfit|
|Prince K||980,000||Jag Outfit||Shine Outfit|
|Spike||200 Guitars||Rock Outfit||Punk Outfit|
|Tagbot||12,000||Space Outfit||Toy Outfit|
|Tasha||30,000||Cheer Outfit||Gym Outfit|
|Tricky||3 Red Hats||Camo Outfit||Heart Outfit|
|Yutani||500 UFOs||Gadget Outfit|
|Zoe||120,000||Curly Outfit||Biker Outfit|
|Carmen||$4.99||Shake Outfit||Team Outfit|
|Maeko||Level 200*||Hostess Outfit|
|Mei||40 Keys||Islander Outfit||Bumi Outfit|
*Level 200 of the Bali season hunt.
Score boosters are vital to achieving a competitive high score. This is because you can travel the same distance but only get a fraction of the points without a score multiplier. There are several ways to get score boosters, most of which involve watching an advert.
The quickest way is to start your go and press the star in the bottom left corner. This is where you can buy a boost for 3,000 coins or watch an advert for free. The easier way is to go to the store, click the ‘Free Stuff’ tab, and watch an advert there. Lastly, you can buy some score boosters in the ‘Boosts’ tab in the shop.
The developer of Subway Surfers like to keep people guessing where the next stop of the world tour is going to be. If you would like to follow the gossip you can check out the official Facebook page or Twitter account. If you would like a complete list of all the world tour locations, then check out the official Wiki.
If you are trying to avoid using an Android app store, or if you want a previous version of Subway Surfers, then check out our trusted source, APKPure.
Let me start off by saying that hacking any game is never a good idea. If you are caught hacking, then your account can be permanently banned. Just remember, if you unlock every item in the game using cheats, what have you got left to do?
If you are playing Subway Surfers and want to know some gameplay or money-making tips, then check these out:
- Upgrade: there’s an overwhelming amount of characters and hoverboards to collect in Subway Surfers, but don’t let it distract you. Sure, a swanky new hoverboard will help you get a higher score, but it won’t help collect coins. If you want to maximise your earnings, visit the shop, click on ‘Boosts’ and upgrade the jetpack and coin magnet. Both these items appear regularly and help you collect coins
- Claim free stuff: every day there are free crates, keys, and more waiting for you to collect. Not all of them require adverts, but a fair majority do. If you are looking to make money fast, you can collect a lot more coins in a 30 second advert than you can by playing for 30 seconds
- Save your keys: you can’t buy everything with coins in Subway Surfers. There are a number of characters and hoverboards that you can buy with keys. This means you should save up for something you want
- Set your sights on something: flick through the hoverboards and characters and decide on the one you want. This will stop you from spending coins on characters that are cheap and boards that are bad. The quickest way to start collecting characters and boards is to save up
- Be active: when you jump up in the air, you don’t have to wait for your character to hit the ground. You can swipe left or right to avoid an obstacle. If you need to roll under an upcoming object, then swipe downwards to hit the ground quicker
- Grab the magnet: the magnet is the absolute best tool for coin collecting. Whenever you see the magnet, it is worth trying to grab it, even if you are setting a new high score. This is because you can always get multipliers and beat your high score later
If you are looking for a more competitive game to get ahead at, why not check out our Golf Clash guide?