The Pokémon Company announced Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, remakes of the fan-favourite Nintendo DS games, Diamond and Pearl, during a Pokémon Presents stream earlier this year. Unlike the originals, Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl have an adorable chibi art style, but are faithful remakes aside from the graphical changes.
The Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl release date has now been and gone, we hope you’re enjoying the game. If you’re interested in learning more about the remakes, scroll down to learn all about the starters, new features, and legendary Pokémon you can expect to find while playing.
In other news, Game Freak also revealed a brand new open-world Pokémon game, and needless to say, we’re very pleased the Pokémon Legends Arceus release date isn’t too far off! If you need something to play in the meantime, take a look at our list of the best switch RPGs to keep yourself entertained.
When is the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl release date?
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are out now! You can pick it up below.
What new features can I expect from POKÉMON BRILLIANT DIAMOND AND SHINING PEARL?
You may wonder what sets Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl apart from the original games, well here are the new features you can expect to encounter:
- Character customisation: visit various shops around Sinnoh to pick up snazzy outfits. These will appear on your character in the overworld and battles as well.
- Pokéball stickers: decorate your Pokéballs with stickers that add some extra pizazz to your favourite Pokémon’s entrance into the battle.
- Online communication: the original game had local multiplayer, and now you can play with friends all over the world!
- Super Contest Show: compete in coolness, cuteness, beauty, toughness, and cleverness contests by making your Pokémon dance to the beat in a unique rhythm minigame
- Grand underground area: interact with trainers all over the world as you dig for fossils
- Pokémon follow you: our favourite new feature allows you to bring your favourite Pokémon out of their Pokéball to follow you around the world map!
What’s the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl gameplay like?
Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl feature adorable chibi characters in the overworld with more traditional character models used during turn-based combat. Game Freak has said the games will be faithful remakes of the originals with the player-friendly conveniences you’ve come to appreciate from the modern Pokémon series.
IS THERE A POKÉMON BRILLIANT DIAMOND AND SHINING PEARL trailer?
YOu can watch the latest trailer below, which details several new and returning features, including the much-requested return of the Pokétch. While there’s no bottom screen to use it like on the Nintendo DS, this device still looks to be a handy companion on your adventure.
What Pokémon will be included in the Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Pokédex?
It’s unclear at the moment if Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl will include the Diamond and Pearl or Platinum Pokédex.
What are the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl starters?
You’ll find the grass-type Turtwig, fire-type Chimchar, and water-type Piplup in Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
What are the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl legendaries?
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond features the steel/dragon-type Pokémon, Dialga, and Shining Pearl has the water/dragon-type, Palkia.