January 14, 2021: The February Community Day Pokémon has been revealed!
A Pokémon Go event is a regular occurrence these days, with something new happening pretty much every week. If you’re a big fan of the location-based monster collector, then there’s very little reason to ever not be playing, whether it’s participating in Raid Hour, Community Day, Go Fest 2020, or the smaller events that take place in between.
Now, while this is a positive, as you’ve always got something to do to keep you busy, there’s a downside to it as well, as it’s really difficult to keep on top of everything that’s happening to Pokémon Go in any given moment. But that’s where we come in. We want to make your life much easier by providing a nice, chronological list of each upcoming Pokémon Go event you can participate in.
So please find that below. We also keep a list of the most recent Pokémon Go news, every single recent Pokémon Go update, so you can check the latest patch notes at a glance, and we’ve put together a complete Pokémon Go raids guide, which will help when it comes to participating in Raid Hours.
Pokémon Go event – Every single upcoming Pokémon Go Event listed:
In this section, we’ll detail each current and upcoming Pokémon Go event. We’ll keep this regularly refreshed, and remove events from the previous months that are no longer applicable.
February Community Day will feature the Grass and Poison-type Pokémon, Roselia. The event will begin on February 7 and run from 11:00 to 17:00 local time. Here’s what you can expect:
- Roselia will be appearing more frequently in the wild. You may even encounter a shiny
- Evolve Roselia during the event or up to two hours afterwards to get a Roserade that knows the charged attack, Weather Ball and the fast attack, Bullet Seed
- Take snapshots during the Community Day for a surprise encounter
- Budew will hatch from 2km eggs
- Eggs will hatch in a 1/4 of the time
- Incense will last for three hours
- A one-time-purchase Community Day Box will be available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring an Elite Charged TM, four Incense, four Super Incubators, and 30 Ultra Balls
- For $1 (or equivalent pricing in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Roselia Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Stop and Smell the Roselia. If you purchase a ticket for the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event by February 3 at 23:59 PST / 07:59 GMT, you’ll get this Special Research for free
From January 19 at 10:00 to January 24 at 20:00 local time, the Hoenn region will be featured in the countdown celebration leading up to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto. Here’s everything you can expect during the event:
- Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Taillow, Loudred, Nosepass, Aron, Meditite, Roselia, Carvanha, Numel, Baltoy, and other Hoenn Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild.
- Skitty, Aron, Corphish, Lileep, Anorith, Bagon, and Beldum will hatch from 5km eggs
- Field research tasks will reward Stardust and lead to encounters with Hoenn Pokémon such as Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Aron, Plusle, Minun, and Wailmer
- Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Ralts, Aron, and Bagon will appear in one-star raids
- Breloom, Mawile, Grumpig, Spinda, and Absol will appear in three-star raids
- Kyogre and Groudon will appear in five-star raids
- Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Nincada, Nosepass, Aron, Plusle, Minun, and Bagon will be featured in the Collection Challenge
- Evolve Metang during the event to get a Metagross that knows Meteor Mash
- Complete the Hoenn-themed research tasks to earn the following rewards:
- Catch two Kyogre to earn 10 Kyogre Candies
- Catch two Groudon to earn 10 Groudon Candies
- Catch 30 Pokémon to earn 30 Poké Balls
- Complete all the timed research tasks to encounter a Rayquaza that knows Hurricane, as well as earn 3,000 XP and a Silver Pinap Berry. You may even encounter a shiny Rayquaza
- Three Remote Raid Passes will be available for free from the in-game shop from January 19 at 13:00 PST / 21:00 GMT to January 25 at 13:00 PST / 21:00 GMT
The Sinnoh Collection Challenge has begun! Collection Challenges run alongside events and give you extra incentive to catch Pokémon featured along with some great rewards.
The current featured Pokémon are:
- Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Buizel, Combee, Shadow Stunky, Shadow Snover, Cranidos, and Shieldon.
Catching all of the featured Pokémon will net you 3000 Stardust, one Magnetic Lure Module, and 15 Ultra Balls.
Trainers will encounter Chansey after completing the weekly research tasks from January 1, 13:00 PDT / 21:00 GMT until February 1, 13:00 PDT / 21:00 GMT.
The Pokémon spotlight hours will take place every Tuesday at 18:00 local time. Each hour will also include a special in-game bonus.
- Tuesday, January 5: Lillipup will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon
- Tuesday, January 12: Drifloon will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon
- Tuesday, January 19: Shroomish will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon
- Tuesday, January 26: Phanpy will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon
January Community Day will feature the Fighting-type Pokémon, Machop. The event will begin on January 16 and run from 11:00 to 17:00 local time. Here’s what you can expect:
- Machop will be appearing more frequently in the wild. You may even encounter a shiny
- Evolve Machoke during the event or up to two hours afterwards to get a Machamp that knows the move Payback
- Take snapshots during the Community Day for a surprise
- A one-time-purchase Community Day Box will be available for 1,280 PokéCoins, featuring an Elite Charged TM, four Incense, four Star Pieces, and 30 Ultra Balls
- For $1 (or equivalent pricing in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Machop Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Straight to the Top, Machop. If you purchase a ticket for the Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto event by January 13 at 23:59 PST / 07:59 GMT, you’ll get this Special Research story for free
Next year is both Pokémon’s 25th anniversary and Pokémon GO’s fifth anniversary. To celebrate, Pokémon Go is hosting a ticketed event that will start on February 20, 2021, from 09:00 to 21:00 local time. Tickets cost $11.99 plus any applicable taxes and fees (or the equivalent in your local currency) and are available to purchase right now.
Ticket holder features:
- All Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will be appearing in the wild, in raids, encountered after research tasks, attracted to Incense, and obtainable via evolution during this time.
- Select which experience you want: Red or Green Version. See below for more details on the differences.
- All 150 Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region will be available as Shiny Pokémon. You’ll also be more likely to encounter certain Shiny Pokémon in the wild depending on the event version you selected.
- An event-exclusive Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto Special Research story, will net you a special encounter.
- Once you complete the first Special Research line, you’ll be able to access a second event-exclusive Special Research story, meant to be completed over a long period of time, in which you’ll embark on a long and challenging journey to discover shiny Mew.
- You’ll earn more Candy for catching Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region.
Non-ticket holder features:
- Some Pokémon originally discovered in Kanto will be appearing in the wild and in raids.
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Mewtwo will be returning to Legendary raids.
- All Trainers will be able to access event-exclusive Timed Research.
- Trade range will be increased to 40 km.
Red and Green Version exclusives:
- Red Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Ekans, Oddish, Mankey, Growlithe, Scyther, and Electabuzz will be attracted to Incense.
- Increased shiny chances for Red Version: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Ekans, Pikachu, Nidoran ♀, Oddish, Diglett, Mankey, Growlithe, Ponyta, Shellder, Drowzee, Krabby, Hitmonlee, Lickitung, Scyther, Electabuzz, Eevee, Kabuto, and Dratini.
- Green Version–Exclusive Pokémon: Sandshrew, Vulpix, Meowth, Bellsprout, Magmar, and Pinsir will be attracted to Incense.
- Increased shiny chances for Green Version: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Pidgey, Pikachu, Sandshrew, Nidoran ♂, Vulpix, Meowth, Psyduck, Bellsprout, Geodude, Exeggcute, Hitmonchan, Koffing, Tangela, Horsea, Magmar, Pinsir, Eevee, Omanyte, and Dratini.
Exclusive raid boss attacks:
- Articuno caught during the event will know Hurricane
- Zapdos caught during the event will know Thunder Shock
- Moltres caught during the event will know Sky Attack
- Mewtwo caught during the event will know Psystrike
- To receive a free ticket for the January Community Day Special Research story, you must purchase your Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket by January 13, 2021, at 23:59 PST / 07:59 GMT. You will also receive a ticket for the February Community Day Special Research story.
- To receive a free ticket for the February Community Day Special Research story, you must purchase your Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket by February 3, 2021, at 23:59 PST / 07:59 GMT.
Beginning on December 1 at 08:00 local time until March 1 at 08:00 local time, the first season kicks off in Pokémon Go. Here’s what you’ll find:
- Different Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! Growlithe and Wingull will be hatching from 2 km Eggs, and Baltoy and Ducklett will be hatching from 5 km Eggs. Shinx will be hatching from the 5 km Eggs you receive from Adventure Sync rewards instead of Ducklett. Seel, Aron, and Elgyem will no longer be hatching from Eggs.
- Pokémon appearing more often in the northern hemisphere this Season include Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Seel, Lapras, Teddiursa, Winter Form Deerling, and more
- Pokémon appearing more often in the southern hemisphere this Season include Growlithe, Shuckle, Electrike, Burmy, Darumaka, Summer Form Deerling, and more
- Pokémon from the Kalos region will start appearing in the wild, raids, and hatching from eggs
- There will be a series of in-game events featuring Pokémon first discovered in each of the different regions
- The event will also introduce “a brand-new global event experience”