A Pokémon Go event is a regular occurrence these days, with something new happening pretty much every week. If you’re a big fan of the location-based monster collector, then there’s very little reason to ever not be playing, whether it’s participating in a raid hour, Community Day, Go Fest, or the smaller events that take place in between.
Now, while this is positive, as you’ve always got something to do to keep you busy, there’s a downside to it as well, as it’s really difficult to keep on top of everything that’s happening to Pokémon Go in any given moment. But that’s where we come in. We want to make your life much easier by providing a nice, chronological list of each upcoming Pokémon Go event you can participate in.
So please find that below. We also keep a list of the most recent Pokémon Go news, every single recent Pokémon Go update, so you can check the latest patch notes at a glance, and we’ve put together a complete Pokémon Go raids guide, which will help when it comes to participating in Raid Hours.
Every upcoming Pokémon Go Event listed
In this section, we’ll detail each current and upcoming Pokémon Go event. We’ll keep this regularly refreshed, and remove events from the previous months that are no longer applicable.
October research breakthrough
From October 1 at 13:00 PDT/21:00 GMT to November 1 at 13:00 PDT/21:00 GMT, you’ll encounter Shedinja in research breakthrough encounters. You may even find a shiny!
October Pokémon spotlight hours
Pokémon spotlight hour takes place every Tuesday from 18:00 to 19:00 local time. Here’s each of the Pokémon you can encounter:
- October 4: Purrloin is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the evolution XP
- October 11: Haunter is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the catch stardust
- October 18: Misdreavus is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the catch XP
- October 25: Shuppet is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the evolution XP
October community day
The next Pokémon Go community day is on October 15 from 14:00 to 17:00 local time and features Litwick, you can expect to encounter the following bonuses:
- Evolve Lampent during the event or up to five hours afterwards to get a Chandelure that knows the charged attack Poltergeist
- Three times catch XP
- Two times catch candy
- Two times chance for trainers level 31 and up to receive XL candy from catching Pokémon
- Incense and lure modules activated during the event will last for three hours
Upcoming Pokémon Go events
Here are all the upcoming Pokémon events for you to look forward to.
- Evolving Stars: From October 5 at 10:00 to October 11 at 20:00 local time, you can continue to follow Cosmog’s story. Learn more on the official Pokémon Go blog post.
The Season of Light
Niantic has now launched The Season of Light! This season is set to end on December 1 at 10:00 local time. We recommend you view the official Pokémon Go blog post to find full details for the season.
If you can’t get enough of this location-based game, we recommend that you also take a look at our Pokémon Go Eevee evolution guide.