A Pokémon Go event is a regular occurrence these days, with something new happening pretty much every week. If you’re a big fan of the location-based monster collector, then there’s very little reason to ever not be playing, whether it’s participating in Raid Hour, Community Day, Go Fest 2020, or the smaller events that take place in between.
Now, while this is a positive, as you’ve always got something to do to keep you busy, there’s a downside to it as well, as it’s really difficult to keep on top of everything that’s happening to Pokémon Go in any given moment. But that’s where we come in. We want to make your life much easier by providing a nice, chronological list of each upcoming Pokémon Go event you can participate in.
So please find that below. We also keep a list of the most recent Pokémon Go news, every single recent Pokémon Go update, so you can check the latest patch notes at a glance, and we’ve put together a complete Pokémon Go raids guide, which will help when it comes to participating in Raid Hours.
Every single upcoming Pokémon Go Event listed
In this section, we’ll detail each current and upcoming Pokémon Go event. We’ll keep this regularly refreshed, and remove events from the previous months that are no longer applicable.
On April 1 from 12:00 to 23:59 local time, mischievous Pokémon will cause trouble. Here’s what you can expect during the event:
- Mischievous Pokémon such as Aipom, Croagunk, and Purrloin will appear more frequently in the wild
- Team GO Rocket Grunts will only have Shadow Aipom
- Team GO Rocket will appear more often at PokéStops and in balloons
- The Team GO Rocket timed research launching during this event will be available from April 1 at 12:00 to April 8 at 23:59 local time. Complete it to earn a Super Rocket Radar and other rewards
- The switch timer in the Go Battle League will be cut in half
- Take a picture for a surprise
- Ditto will appear more frequently in the wild
Spring into Spring! From April 4 at 10:00 to April 8 at 20:00 local time, you can expect the following features to appear in-game:
- Pikachu wearing a flower crown, Exeggcute, Marill, Plusle, Minun, Buneary, Bunnelby, and more will appear more frequently in the wild, you may even encounter a shiny Bunnelby
- Chansey wearing flower crowns will appear in the wild, and Happiny wearing flower crowns will hatch from eggs. If you evolve a Chansey wearing a flower crown, that Blissey will wear a flower crown, too. You may even encounter a shiny Chansey or Happiny
- Shadow Exeggcute will appear more often in Team GO Rocket battles
- Exeggcute, Eevee wearing a flower crown, Pichu wearing a flower crown, Togepi, Azurill, Buneary, Happiny wearing a flower crown, Munchlax, Rufflet, and Bunnelby will hatch more often from 2km eggs
- Mega Lopunny will make its Pokémon Go debut in mega raids
- Spring-themed stickers will be available from PokéStops and gifts during the event
- Complete field research tasks to encounter Azumarill, Rufflet, and more
- Complete the collection challenge during the event to receive a Lucky Egg, Mega Lopunny Energy, and XP
- During the event, you will receive two times hatch candy, Lucky Eggs will last for one hour, and egg hatch distance will be reduced by 1/2
April Community Day
A Community Day featuring Snivy will run on April 11 from 11:00 to 17:00 local time. Evolve Servine during the event or up to two hours after to get a Serperior that knows Frenzy Plant.
Every Tuesday in April at 18:00 local time a different Pokémon will appear in the spotlight for one hour.
- April 6: Buneary will be featured, and you’ll earn twice the candy for transferring Pokémon
- April 13: Mankey will be featured, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon
- April 20: Grimer will be featured, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon
- April 27: Finneon will be featured, and you’ll earn twice the XP for catching Pokémon
APRIL RESEARCH BREAKTHROUGH
From April 1 at 13:00 PST/21:00 GMT to April 1 at 13:00 PDT/21:00 GMT, you’ll encounter male Frillish in Research Breakthrough encounters
Team GO Rocket Special Research
Giovanni will return from February 28 at 12:00 local time! Complete Team GO Rocket Special Research to earn a Super Rocket Radar and take down Giovanni for a shot at catching the following Pokémon:
- March 2021: Shadow Articuno
- April 2021: Shadow Zapdos
- May 2021: Shadow Moltres
- Team GO Rocket Timed Research: From April 1 at 12:00 to April 8 at 23:59 local time, complete timed research to get a Super Rocket Radar
- Rivals’ Week: From April 13 to April 18, Pokémon that are rivals will be featured. Some Pokémon will even make their Pokémon GO debut!
- Sustainability Week: From April 20 to April 25, Pokémon like Grimer, Trubbish, and more will appear more often in the wild
- Friendship Day: On April 24, celebrate friendship with a brand-new event
- April will end with a ‘snappy’ event that will continue into May
The Season of Legends
As The Season of Celebration comes to an end, Niantic has now revealed The Season of Legends! This season is set to run from March 1 at 08:00 to June 1 at 10:00 local time. Here’s what you’ll find during the event:
- Therian Forme Tornadus, Therian Forme Thundurus, and Therian Forme Landorus make their debut!
- Different mega-evolved Pokémon will appear in mega raids
- Different kinds of Pokémon will appear in different habitats in the wild. For example, water-type Pokémon will appear near the ocean, and grass-type Pokémon will appear in forests
- These Pokémon will appear more often in the northern hemisphere Tangela, Combee, Croagunk, Ducklett, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Spring Form Deerling, Scyther, Dratini, Cottonee, and more
- These Pokémon will appear more often in the southern hemisphere Mankey, Yanma, Buizel, Woobat, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Autumn Form Deerling, Pineco, Bagon, Ferroseed, and more
- These Pokémon and more will hatch from eggs:
- 2 km eggs: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Budew
- 5 km eggs: Drowzee, Azurill, and Munna
- 10 km eggs: Nincada, Alomomola
- Complete season-exclusive special research tasks to earn Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus candy as well as many other rewards
- Players will receive increased XP from five-star raids throughout the season
- Free remote raid passes will be available at certain times. We don’t have any confirmed dates for these free passes as of yet