A Pokémon Go event is a regular occurrence these days, with something new happening pretty much every week. If you’re a big fan of the location-based monster collector, then there’s very little reason to ever not be playing, whether it’s participating in a raid hour, Community Day, Go Fest, or the smaller events that take place in between.
Now, while this is positive, as you’ve always got something to do to keep you busy, there’s a downside to it as well, as it’s really difficult to keep on top of everything that’s happening to Pokémon Go in any given moment. But that’s where we come in. We want to make your life much easier by providing a nice, chronological list of each upcoming event you can participate in.
Every upcoming Pokémon Go event listed
This section will detail each current and upcoming Pokémon Go event. We’ll keep this regularly refreshed, and remove events from the previous months that are no longer applicable.
Pokémon Go Twinkling Fantasy event
From January 10 at 08:00 to January 16 at 22:00 local time, you can take part in the Pokémon Go Twinkling Fantasy event. Here are the important details you need to know.
- Mega Salamence will make its debut in mega raids. If you’re lucky, you may even encounter a shiny
- Receive two times XP for successfully catching Pokémon with a nice, great, or excellent throw
- Receive additional candy for successfully catching Pokémon with a nice, great, or excellent throw
- Increased chance for trainers level 31 and up to receive candy XL for successfully catching Pokémon with a nice, great, or excellent throw
- You may have a surprise encounter with a dragon- or fairy-type Pokémon when you take a snapshot
- Catch a Ralts, Dratini, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Marill, Bagon, Deino, Dedenne, Togetic, and Clefable to complete the Twinkling Fantasy Collection Challenge and receive 50 Salamence mega energy, a charged TM, and a fast TM
You can find these Pokémon in the wild during the event:
If you’re extra lucky you may find these monsters out and about:
Complete event-themed field research tasks for a chance to catch the following Pokémon:
You may encounter a shiny for any of the above Pokémon above with a * next to their name.
January research breakthrough
From December 1 at 13:00 PDT/21:00 GMT to March 1 at 13:00 PDT/21:00 GMT, you’ll encounter Galarian Mr. Mime, Delibird, Bagon, Deino, Furfrou, or Goomy in research breakthrough encounters.
January Pokémon spotlight hours
Pokémon spotlight hour takes place every Tuesday from 18:00 to 19:00 local time. Here’s each of the Pokémon you can encounter:
- January 3: Alolan Sandshrew is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the evolution XP. You may even encounter a shiny!
- January 10: Swirlix is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the catch stardust. You may even encounter a shiny!
- January 17: Seedot is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the catch XP. You may even encounter a shiny!
- January 24: Tynamo is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the catch candy. You may even encounter a shiny!
- January 31: Blitzle is in the spotlight, you’ll earn twice the transfer candy. You may even encounter a shiny!
January community day
The next Pokémon Go community day is a rerun that features Larvitar and runs from 14:00 to 17:00 local time on January 21, you can expect to encounter the following bonuses:
- Three times catch XP
- Incense and lure modules activated during the event will last for three hours
Upcoming Pokémon Go events
Here are all the upcoming Pokémon events for you to look forward to.
- Valentine’s Day – stay tuned for details on this event
The Mythical Wishes season
Niantic has now launched season nine, Mythical Wishes! This season is set to end on March 1 at 10:00 local time. We recommend you view the official Pokémon Go blog post to find full details for the season.
If you can’t get enough of this location-based game, we recommend you also take a look at our Pokémon Go Eevee evolution guide.