The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a huge game and not just because Geralt is on an important quest to find and protect his adoptive daughter, but because there’s an abundance of side quests and primary missions for him to tackle, one of which happens to be The Witcher 3 Family Matters, which does open up some optional questions upon completion.
If you want to know even more about the leading man, make sure you check out our The Witcher 3 Geralt guide, and then head over to our The Witcher 3 wallpapers article to find a lovely image that can adorn your PC or smartphone. Then, take a look at our The Witcher 3 Viper armor guide to discover how you can make Geralt look even more like a badass.
Anyway, here’s everything you need to know about The Witcher 3 Family Matters.
What is The Witcher 3 Family Matters?
The Witcher 3 Family Matters is the main quest you come across in Velen in the early hours of the game. Here, you need to help the Bloody Baron find out where his wife and daughter are in exchange for information about Ciri.
How do I complete The Witcher 3 Family Matters?
Truthfully, completing Family Matters is extremely straightforward, as each objective clearly indicates where you need to go and what you need to do. However, just in case, below are three steps you must take in order to finish the quest:
- Investigate the rooms and follow the scent into the wine cellar where you can find a talisman.
- Take the talisman to the Bloody Baron, who then tells you to speak to the Peller.
- Go to the Peller’s hut, kill the enemies outside, find the Peller’s goat
- Next, the Peller tells you that you have one of two options:
- Kill the Botchling and return its blood to the Peller
- Remove the curse that haunts the Botchling.
- Regardless of which path you choose, you ultimately end up at the hut of a fisherman, speak to him.
- Now you can go to Oxenfert to find the Baron’s daughter, Tamara. However, we advise you speak to the Bloody Baron first as he gives you a border pass, making your journey into the city that bit easier.
- No matter how your conversation with Tamara goes, you must return to the Baron and speak to him.
Okay, you’ve finished the first portion of the quest, but you’re not done, as you need to hunt down the Baron’s wife, Anna. To do so, you need to complete the Ladies of the Wood quest. As the main quest, you don’t have to do too much hunting to unlock this mission. After you complete it, once again, return to the Baron to complete Family Matters.
There you have it, everything you need to know to complete The Witcher 3 Family Matters. If you’re after another grand adventure to go on, you can’t go wrong with our games like The Witcher 3 list.