Luckily for fans, Animal Crossing: New Horizons updates have come in thick and fast since its March release, ranging from fun seasonal events to necessary quality of life bug fixes. It can be hard to keep up to date with everything Nintendo adds to the game, so we’ve compiled all of the update news right here for you!
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, you are tasked with maintaining a tropical island and developing a community of cute anthropomorphic villagers. The game takes place in real-time, and each player gets a vastly different experience to the next. New Horizons is the fifth instalment in the mainline series and has sold over 22 million copies since its release.
Be sure to check back here regularly for all of the Animal Crossing: New Horizons update news. If you want to keep up with all things Nintendo, take a look at our Nintendo Direct Mini coverage, and if you are looking for something new to play, we have a handy list full of the best Switch strategy games.
HERE IS THE LATEST ANIMAL CROSSING: NEW HORIZONS UPDATE:
The latest update to the game fixes a number of issues introduced in Ver. 1.5.0.
- Fixed an issue where some title keywords obtained via Nook Miles would not appear within the Passport.
- Fixed an issue where certain messages would display in English for users playing in French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, or Russian.
- Fixed an issue where animal residents would talk about pumpkins when given a bamboo shoot.
- Fixed an issue where it was no longer possible to jump over a river based on the location of certain furniture.
The official Animal Crossing: New Horizons Twitter has announced you can now use the NookLink app on your smartphone to perform reactions in-game! Some extra spooky reactions have been added just in time for Halloween.
NookLink for #AnimalCrossing: New Horizons has been updated, allowing you to perform Reactions straight from your smartphone. Use it to try out the new spooky Reactions added in time for Halloween! #ACNH pic.twitter.com/UUoHLshYwX
— Isabelle (@animalcrossing) October 6, 2020
The latest Animal Crossings: New Horizons update brings a spooky Halloween event! Included in this update are new character customisation options, DIY recipes, and a couple of bug fixes too. Find the full patch notes below.
- A Halloween event has been added.
- Spooky character customisation options are available
- Villagers outfits will change on Halloween night
- Jack, the spine-chilling czar of Halloween, will make a guest appearance!
- Pumpkins and DIY recipes using pumpkins have been added
- You are now able to choose from a list of previously visited dream islands to travel to
- You can favourite previously visited dream islands
- The ability to hide items that are not for sale in Tom Nooks catalogue has been added
- Various bug fixes have been implemented to improve play