November 9, 2020: Support for below iOS 10 and Android 4.4 is ending in the next update
Supercell loves a Clash of Clans update; so much so that the build and battler gets a few new big changes and new features on a near-weekly basis. It’s actually quite tough to keep on top of, particularly if you don’t play Clash of Clans religiously every single day, so we thought we’d help you out by bringing you the latest Clash of Clan updates in one handy guide.
Our Clash of Clans update guide will list all of the recent changes in chronological order, and we’ll keep it nice and trim, limiting it to only the most recent changes, so it doesn’t become War and Peace. We’ll also write it in such a way that it doesn’t take more than a handful of minutes to get through, because we want you to get to the information you care about quickly.
So, without further ado, let’s take a good look at the most recent Clash of Clans update, and then the previous few updates beneath that. We will update this often, so we recommend bookmarking this and referring back to it regularly.
Here is the latest Clash of Clans update:
Hey Chief, heads-up! In our next update later this year, unfortunately we will have to end support for devices running on OS versions lower than iOS 10 and Android 4.4.
Please update to iOS 10 / Android 4.4 or higher as soon as possible!
Read more: https://t.co/UMTTe8pbRq
— Clash of Clans (@ClashofClans) November 2, 2020
If you are running Clash of Clans on an iOS device running below iOS 10 or an Android device below version 4.4, you’ll need to update your firmware as soon as possible (if your device allows for it).
This is because Supercell is ceasing support for any mobile devices running older versions of their OS in an upcoming update. If you need a hand on updating your firmware, you can find this on Apple Support for iOS or Google Support for Android.
Finally, if you need to upgrade to a new phone and wish to link your account to a Supercell ID and move your Village over to your new device, Supercell have a Clash of Clans FAQ that’s worth reading carefully.
Hey Chief! Today we released an optional update which includes a couple of fixes and small changes. We recommend updating to this latest version for the best Clash experience 😊
See what's new in version 13.576.8: https://t.co/PiS2YWXFyK
— Clash of Clans (@ClashofClans) October 26, 2020
Some general fixes will be coming via an optional update to all app stores shortly. Here are the full update notes:
- Fix for Clock Tower boosts that could not be resumed if it was already paused before the update maintenance
- Housing space of opponent’s Clan Castle in the info screen during preparation of War will no longer be visible (now there should be a question mark instead)
- Fixed skin name not changing when changing Hero with the arrows
- Fixed a rare crash related to reloading the game while in Edit Mode + while a Wall piece is selected
- Visual improvements and user interface fixes (including the Village Maiden’s helmet misalignment in War Info Screen)
Larry, Harry, Terry and a dozen friends heading for the nearest buildings in a barrel of bones! 🎈💀💀💀
Skeleton Barrels are back this Clash-O-Ween for a limited time! 🎃 pic.twitter.com/GZSkzv7a2T
— Clash of Clans (@ClashofClans) October 19, 2020
Skeleton Barrels have returned to Clash of Clans. These flying bone fortresses are available for a limited time as part of Clash’s aptly named Halloween celebration, Clash-O-Ween. Skeleton Barrels are especially useful as they effectively act like a skeletal cluster bomb, attacking an enemy, and then dispersing their cargo of bony boys to attack further foes. Be sure to grab some while you can!
— Clash of Clans (@ClashofClans) October 13, 2020
In celebration of the Clash of Clans world championship 2020, Supercell has released a special skin. The Champion King skin is new for the Barbarian King, and gives the hero a flaming sword and a pretty fancy helmet. Get it if you want it, however, as it’s only going to be available in the shop for a limited time.
Clashoween is truly upon us, and so Clash of Clan’s has revealed the content coming in the Autumn update. Here’s everything arriving in-game:
- Super Troops: Super Valkyrie and Super Minion have joined the fight. The seven day cooldown for Super Troop recruitment is also gone now, meaning you can recruit them consecutively
- Town Hall: the level 19 Archer Tower, the level 12 Hidden Tesla, and the level 11 Army Camp have been added to give max players more build options. An additional 100x wall segments can now also be upgraded to level 14
- Troop levels: the level ten Giant, the level ten Wizard, and the level nine P.E.K.K.A are all new
- Clashoween: the Skeleton Barrel is returning to the game for Clash-O-Ween. This dedicated air unit is only returning for this season
Full patch notes on the Autumn update can be found on the Clash of Clans official website.
Super Valkyrie is a souped-up version of the original brawler, whose whirlwind spin now does more damage. When she’s destroyed she also drops a Rage Spell. For more stats and info, see this post.
The Super Minion is a slightly meatier version of the regular, and can fire rockets, causing a lot more damage than his original counterpart. Beware of Seeking Air Mines, however, as this chunky minion can’t avoid them. For more stats and info, see this post.clash of clans update: pirate warden
A new skin has arrived in Clash of Clans. The Pirate Warden skin was showcased in an official video, and brings both a magical musket, and his parrot companion to the Grand Warden unit, as you plunder enemy settlements. You can earn the Pirate Warden skin by completing the season challenges gold pass, earning yourself some tasty rewards along the way.
— Clash of Clans (@ClashofClans) September 22, 2020
Autumn has arrived in Clash of Clans, meaning your village should now benefit from a pleasant change of scenery. The Stongman has also appeared, bringing with him a series of new Clan Games to work your way through. To get stuck in, you’ll first need to download the game. Here’s exactly how to do so on PC and mobile.
Supercell has released its first ever animated short for Clash of Clans that goes by the title ‘Lost & Crowned’. You can watch it right now on Pocket Tactics.
All Hand Hoy! 🏴☠️ The September Season Challenges are here! Enjoy a new season of rewards and perks, and hunt down the Pirate Queen! Yaarrrr ☠️ pic.twitter.com/64qCd0ZUL2
— Clash of Clans (@ClashofClans) September 1, 2020
Supercell has released September season, a month worth of challenges that you can complete for exclusive rewards. This time around, that includes the Pirate Queen Hero Skin and the Storied Statue from the Clash of Clans short movie.
Supercell is holding a big party in Clash of Clans right now, which celebrates the game’s eighth anniversary. The event, which goes by the name Clashiversary, is actually a series of smaller events.
Here’s what you can expect from this Clash of Clans update:
Party wizard event
The Party Wizard returns temporarily to celebrate Clashiversary in a new event that challenges you to win 20 multiplayer matches while using three Party Wizard troops.
In exchange, you’ll get 500 experience and 150 Gems.
As part of the big Clashiversary celebrations that have going on throughout the month of August, Supercell has added an additional tier of rewards to this month’s Clan Games. It won’t last long though, so get involved right now.
Gem resource boost event
The Gem Resource Boost event allows you to purchase double production for your gold mines, elixir collectors, and dark elixir drills for 24 hours, for just a single gem each. That’s one heck of a bargain.
Clan War Leagues
Clan War Leagues is back, pitting your clan against seven others. If you think you’ve got what it takes, enter now.
Eighth anniversary cake
Of course, it wouldn’t be an anniversary celebration without cake, and the eighth is no different. You’ll find cake dotted around your village, complete with an eight on top of it.
Supercell is gearing up to release the big summer update, and has shared a preview of what to expect. Here are the changes:
New Dark Elixir troop
Supercell has introduced a brand new Dark Elixir Troop, The Headhunter, who is available at Town Hall level 12. She’s an assassin that specialises in using poisons to harm her foes.
She throws cards as a ranged attack, can leap over Walls, does extra damage to Heroes, and damages all nearby enemies with her miasma.
New super troops
There are two all new Super Troops available in Clash of Clans as part of the summer update: Inferno Dragon and Super Witch. Here are the following details:
- Inferno Dragon: a Super Troop version of the Baby Dragon, and includes an Inferno Tower on its back. It’s an Air Troop with a housing space of 15, a range of four tiles, and a special ability, which fires a continuous beam that increases in damage over time.
- Super Witch: a Super Troop version of the Witch and Night Witch. Rather than summon an army of Skeletons or Bats, the Super Witch summons a giant Skeleton called Big Boy.
Quality of life changes
- Friendly Challenges and Friendly Wars now provide you a specific army, which doesn’t require resources
- Increasing your Town Hall’s level now provides the following bonuses:
- From Town Hall level four, your troops and spells are temporarily boosted to the currently-allowed maximum level each time you level your Town Hall
- From Town Hall level four, your resource collectors temporarily produce double resources each time you level up your Town Hall
- From Town Hall level four, you receive four times the usual amount of star bonus rewards from multiplayer battles temporarily each time you level up your Town Hall
- From Town Hall level eight your Heroes are temporarily boosted by five levels each time you level up your Town Hall
- Golem now costs less resources to level up from level seven to nine
- Your Heroes now have a reduced maximum healing time from 49 to 40 minutes
- Loot Cart now accumulates loot over a maximum period of 90 days, and its resource capacity has been increased at all Town Hall levels
- You can now store more returned resources stolen in attacks at Town Hall levels 11, 12, and 13
- Crusher’s splash radius has been reduced from 3.5 tiles to 2.8
- Battle Machine has higher DPS between levels 21-30
- Spring Trap has increased capacities
- Push Trap has increased capacities
- Raged Barbarian’s spring weight has increased from one to two
- Boxer Giant’s spring weight has increased from five to eight
- Bomber’s spring weight has increased from two to four
- Cannon Cart’s spring weight has increased from five to eight
- Returning players now receive boosted experience
- Troops, Spells, and Siege Machines in the Clan Castle are now included when saving donation requests
- Grand Warden will now follow the group more effectively while in Air Mode
- Air Mines will no longer travel across the map if their original target is destroyed, and the maximum distance for target selection is now double that of the trigger radius
- Troops exiting Jump Spell will no longer retarget
- Scattershot defence can now run out of ammunition
- Wall Wrecker has improved pathing
- Wrong Clan Members will now no longer join a War if a new member with a high trophy count joins the Clan during the selection process
- A bunch of UI changes
- Cannon can now reach level 19
- Wizard Tower can now reach level 13
- An additional Spring Trap is now available at Town Hall level 13
- You can upgrade an additional 50 Wall pieces at Town Hall level 14
- Archer can now reach level nine
- Baby Dragon can now reach level seven
- Golem can now reach level ten
- Lava Hound can now reach level six
- Wall Wrecker can now reach level four
- Battle Blimp can now reach level four
- Stone Slammer can now reach level four
- Lightning can now reach level nine, requires a single housing space, deals reliable damage to a small radius, and causes a temporary stun effect that resets its target’s attacks
- Clone can now reach level six
- Archer Queen and Barbarian King can now reach level 75
Clan Games changes
This update introduces a bunch of balance changes made to Clan Games specifically. This includes:
- The task trashing cooldown is now always ten minutes
- Speeding up the timer now costs 1x the Gem cost, down from 3x
- You now receive less points from earning stars using Builder Base Troops, winning Builder Base battles, getting Builder Base stars, and Builder Base destruction
The following tasks now reward more points but appear less:
- Getting stars against a specific Town Hall or a Town Hall of a level higher than your own
- Getting stars without using spells or heroes
- Winning Titan League battles, earning stars from Wars, or killing heroes
Supercell has released a few tweaks to adjust a few things that weren’t working as intended.
Here’s a breakdown of the changes:
- The Grand Warden is now less likely to follow Dragons and P.E.K.K.As
- Inferno Tower now has 100 less DPS at level seven
- Super Wall Breaker’s explosion radius has been reduced to 1.6 tiles, from two
- Skeleton Spell now spawns 17 Skeletons at level seven, up from 16 previously
As a result of the changes, recent replays have been wiped.
Supercell turned ten today, which is a huge cause for celebration. Each of its games celebrated with a bunch of different events, though if you’re reading this you almost certainly care about Clash of Clans the most.
Here’s what happened in Clash of Clans:
- There are exclusive daily Trader deals
- All Spell brewing is 80% off
- Check out an exclusive special offer in the shop
- Enjoy the troops events
- You can get a free anniversary fountain decoration from Season Challenges
Upgrade cost reductions
Upgrade costs are going to be substantially reduced for Walls, Troops, Traps, and Heroes in the upcoming spring update, with certain reductions reaching the heights of 50%.
There are so many changes that we’re not going to list them here, but you can check out a full breakdown on the official Clash of Clans blog.
Builder base changes
Supercell has detailed a bunch of changes coming to the Builder Base in an official blog post, and there are some exciting features here.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Builder Base now has a new tiebreaker. In the event that you and your opponent’s Stars and Destruction percentage are equal, and that the latter is above 0%, the player with the most time left wins
- Troop training and Battle Machine healing times have been removed completely
- You can now train troops while your Builder Base Barracks is undergoing an upgrade
- The Clock Tower’s multiplier has been increased to 10x, boost duration and duration has been increased to 14-30 minutes and 22 hours respectively, and the refresh cost has been reduced