Fortnite patch notes provide you with an insight into what Epic Games has addressed in the latest update. The problem is, Epic stopped releasing official patch notes when the black hole sucked away the original Fortnite map, way back at the start of chapter two.
For those who are unaware, patch notes detail the latest fixes, changes, and additions for each update. At the start of a new season or chapter, these notes are full of new additions as well as some subtractions. During the season, you may find these notes focus on bug fixes and other minor improvements. If you’re looking for more Fortnite stuff, check out our list of the best Fortnite skins, or the best Fortnite creative codes.
Fortnite patch notes for Update v24.01
Wargames week 8: Meltdown
Wargames’ Week 8 begins Thursday, March 15, 2023, at 8 PM ET. Your Storm Shield has gone critical and is emitting a growing radiation field. This radiation causes visibility issues and deals damage to players while in direct contact.
Wargames week 9: Double Trouble
Week 9 of Wargames begins Thursday, March 22, 2023, at 8 PM ET. There are two indestructible Golden Smashers with cycling modifiers loose in your fort. If that doesn’t sound terrifying enough, their ill temperament switches between attacking Heroes and the fort.
Homebase naming update
In the v24.00 update, we’ve removed Homebase names. We’re now consistently using your Epic display name across the game instead.
Battle Pass XP update
In the v24.00 update we’ll be updating Battle Pass XP to the following:
- Quest XP has been reduced slightly.
- Mission XP (and the daily cap) have been increased.
- Combined the XP rate will be similar.
- XP for Wargames Dailies was changed so that only the first daily quest you do rewards XP.
Time for a Cram Session – new mini-event
Level up and evolve your favorite items during the Cram Session mini-event. For the duration of the event, Mini-Boss Mission Alerts will drop additional XP, Evolution Material, RE-Perk, or Perk-UP rewards.
Adding four series of Quests, each of which has ten stages that grant increasingly better one-time rewards upon completion. This Cram Session will be live from March 15 at 8 PM ET to April 5, 2023.
New Starter pack
Grab the new Ned the Eternal Pack to unlock the Endless Ned Outfit, Kevin Back Bling, Ned-Al Detector Pickaxe, and Ned the Eternal Challenges. Earn up to 1,500 V-Bucks by completing these Challenges!
Event and Weekly Store
- Staredown Southie
- Standard Perk: Bear Stare – T.E.D.D.Y. fires lasers (from his eyes!) every 2 seconds, dealing 23 base energy damage.
- Commander Perk: Bear Stare+ – T.E.D.D.Y fires lasers from his eyes every 2 seconds, dealing 48 base energy damage.
- Four Leaf Wildcat
- Standard Perk: Grenade Generation – Every 45 eliminations, gain 1 Frag Grenade charge.
- Commanders Perk: Grenade Generation+ – Every 20 eliminations, gain 1 Frag Grenade charge.
- Highland Warrior Wildcat
- Standard Perk: Pull the Pin – Decreases Frag Grenade Energy Cost by 33%.
- Commanders Perk: Pull the Pin+ – Decreases Frag Grenade Energy Cost by 83%.
A number of bug fixes were included in the v24.00 game update, including:
- Fixed an issue that caused Plants in Shield Defense maps to not award loot.
- Fixed an issue that caused footstep audio to play the same audio no matter what type of terrain or structure was being walked or running on.
- Fixed an issue where Mantle UI was missing.
If you are looking for some other games like Fortnite, check out our list of the best mobile multiplayer games. We also have great lists for both the best Android games, and the best iOS games! And if you want to count frame rates, then try this free FPS monitor.