Fortnite patch notes provide you with an insight into what Epic Games has addressed in the latest update. The problem is, Epic stopped releasing official patch notes when the black hole sucked away the original Fortnite map, way back at the start of chapter two.
You will no longer have to guess to find out what has, or will, change, as we’ve put together this Fortnite patch notes guide. We update this guide regularly, so we recommend bookmarking this page and checking back to see when the next patch notes are available.
For those who are unaware, patch notes detail the latest fixes, changes, and additions for each update. At the start of a new season or chapter, these notes are full of new additions as well as some subtractions. During the season, you may find these notes focus on bug fixes and other minor improvements. If you’re looking for the latest patch notes or some of the previous ones, this guide has got everything you need.
The latest Fortnite patch notes:
These are preliminary patch notes based on leaks by FireMonkey, a reliable Fortnite leaker. Given that it’s not from an official channel, it’s best to take these with a pinch of salt though.
- Fixed slow glider speed after redeploying in certain situations
- Fixed Ocean’s bottomless chug jug unable to be picked up while recharging if dropped by another player.
- Epic have fixed the XP bar incorrectly showing levelling up during a match
- Challenge fix: “Land at Frenzy Farm/The Yacht and finish top 25,” now counts in Duos/Squads
- Challenge fix: “Deal damage within ten seconds of landing from the Whirlpool at Hydro 16,” now at The Yacht, not Hydro 16
- Epic has also fixed the mouse cursor appearing on PC when playing with a controller
- Fixed the rotation problem for multi-selected items in creative mode
- Fixed supply drops at The Authority not opening when searched
- Gliders now work properly around The Authority
- Removed the black rectangles appearing behind players when turning around in the storm
- Fixed the yellow coloration on the shark glider on mobile
- Epic and legendary SMG reload time decreased from 2.2/2.1 to 1.9/1.8
- Flare guns can now light campfires
- New weapon: Flare Gun
- Portable upgrade bench
- Removed fall damage from ziplines when landing in shallow water
- Fixed the issue where epic and legendary SMGs couldn’t be sidegraded
- Players can now use chug splashes when inside of a bush
- Stopped supply drops pushing loot under the map
- SMG variants reduced fire rates to ten
- Epic and legendary SMG magazine size set to 35
- Charge shotgun magazine size set to four
- Mythic burst AR damage increased from 37 to 39
- New weapons: Charge shotgun, Kit’s shockwave launcher, Jules’ drum gun, Jules’ glider gun, Ocean’s burst assault rifle, Ocean’s bottomless chug jug, rapid-fire SMG, and new hunting rifle epic and legendary variants
- Unvaulted: compact SMG, submachine gun, chug splash, bolt-action sniper rifle, hunting rifle, banana, pepper, and stink bombs
- Vaulted: pump shotgun, heavy assault rifle, heavy sniper rifle, suppressed sniper rifle, suppressed assault rifle, minigun, remote explosives, proximity mine, creepin’ cardboard, bandage bazooka, Midas’ drum gun, TNTina’s ka boom bow, Skye’s grappler, Skye’s assault rifle, and Deadpool’s hand cannons.
- New healing items: cabbage and corn
- New locations: Catty Corner, Rickety Rig, The Authority, and The Fortilla
- Removed locations: The Agency, The Yacht, The Shark, The Rig, The Grotto, Slurpy Swamp
- Named locations converted to landmarks: Risky Reels, Dirty Docks, Weeping Woods, Craggy Cliffs, and The Yacht
- Added sharks
- Added whirlpools
- Sidegrade submachine guns to rapid fire SMGs
- Sidegrade bolt-action sniper rifles to hunting rifles