September 24, 2020: find the patch notes for V14.20 down below
Fortnite patch notes provide you with an insight into what Epic Games has addressed in the latest update. The problem is, Epic stopped releasing official patch notes when the black hole sucked away the original Fortnite map, way back at the start of chapter two.
You will no longer have to guess to find out what has, or will, change, as we’ve put together this Fortnite patch notes guide. We update this guide regularly, so we recommend bookmarking this page and checking back to see when the next patch notes are available.
For those who are unaware, patch notes detail the latest fixes, changes, and additions for each update. At the start of a new season or chapter, these notes are full of new additions as well as some subtractions. During the season, you may find these notes focus on bug fixes and other minor improvements. If you’re looking for the latest patch notes or some of the previous ones, this guide has got everything you need.
The latest Fortnite patch notes:
- Confront Wolverine in the Weeping Woods
- Takeover LTM, in this new Marvel-themed game mode, earn points by capturing and holding outposts
- BTS will premiere a new Dynamite video on September 25 at 20:00 ET / 17:00 PT / September 26 01:00 BST
- A special birthday celebration is lined up this weekend to celebrate Fortnite’s third birthday
- Watch Slushii on the Main Stage celebrating Llama-Rama on September 26 17:00 ET / 14:00 PT / 22:00 BST in Party Royale
For whatever reason, Epic stopped releasing Fortnite Patch Notes during chapter 2. Epic now sends emails to those in the support-a-creator program, outlining details of the upcoming patch. You can find the most recent patch notes below.
- Mix and match iconic superpowers from across Marvel in a new comic book crossover LTM.
- New to the Item Shop, customize your own hero!
- Weekly Wolverine Challenges
The new season has started, and sees a bunch of new skins, map improvements, and challenges for you to get to grips with. If you want to know more about the new Fortnite challenges, then you should check out our Fortnite challenges guide.
- Combat shotgun: damage reduced from 73/77/80 to 50/53/55, fire rate reduced to 1,7 and magazine size down to eight
- Tactical SMG: fire rate reduced from 13 to 9
- Scoped assault rifle: damage increase to 32/34/36, fire rate reduced from 3,5 to 2, added new legendary variant dealing 37 damage per shot
New cosmetic sets:
- Doctor Doom
- Iron Man
- True Mystique
- The Darkening
- Samurai Scrapper pack (STW)
- Silver Surfer bundle
- The Street Serpent starter pack
There are 39 floppers included in season 4 of Fortnite. The fishing book allows you to keep track of the fish you catch and what their effect is, earning stars. The bigger the fish, the more stars it is worth. Some of the new floppers are detailed below:
- Vendetta flopper: marks a nearby enemy
- Spicy fish: gives a speed boost
- Hop Flopper: gives low gravity
- Jellyfish: heal and apply shields to nearby players
- Shield fish: gives you shield
- Thermal fish: consume for thermal vision
- Midas fish: upgrade your inventory to gold
As with any update, there is a bunch of new content for us to enjoy. Below is a list of all the new features we have found on our adventures into Fortnite season 4.
- Dr Doom’s arcane gauntlets and mystical bomb
- Groot’s bramble shield and Silver Surfer board
- Stark Industries supply drone
- Stark Industries energy rifle (rare, epic, and legendary variants)
- Convert defeated Stark robots to fight on your side
- Fire Trap
- Pro fishing rod
- Tony Stark can emote to change skin mid-game
- Mystique can emote to disguise herself as any person you eliminate
- New mythic items from killing certain NPCs
|Stink grenade||Pump shotgun|
|Hunting rifle||Shockwave grenade|
|Rapid fire SMG||Combat shotgun|
|Submachine gun||Light machine gun|
|Decoys||Revolver (epic and legendary)|
|Flare gun||Scoped assault rifle|
|Tac shotgun||Tactical submachine gun|
|Pistol (epic and legendary)||Port-a-fort|
|Kit’s charge shotgun and shockwave launcher||Bouncer|
|Jules’ drum gun and glider gun||Suppressed SMG|
|Ocean’s burst assault rifle and bottomless chug jug||Bandage bazooka|