Pokémon Legends: Arceus is a huge game, one that boasts quite an impressive open world that takes you to different environments, with each area housing – you guessed it – many different Pokémon. Some are familiar to long-time fans, others have a new look for the Hisui region, and some are new entirely. However, it’s fair to say that few Pokémon cause quite as much intrigue as the Unown.
That’s right, this curious version of the alphabet shows up in Hisui, and our Pokémon Legends: Arceus Unown guide tells you exactly where you can find each of them. Some of them are hiding in plain sight, while others make you work for it, hiding in deceptively clever places that you may have already walked past countless times.
Of course, there’s more to this game than tracking down Unown. So, if you want to see what else is on offer, check out our Pokémon Legends: Arceus new Pokémon, Pokémon Legends: Arceus weather, Pokémon Legends: Arceus wardens, Pokémon Legends: Arceus mystery gift, and Pokémon Legends: Arceus Gingko Guild guides.
Now then, let’s dive into the Pokémon Legends: Arceus Unown locations.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus Unown locations
All in all, there are 28 Unown to catch, and they’re all spread out across each area available in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, including the Obsidian Fieldlands, Jubilife Village, Crimson Mirelands, Cobalt Coastlands, Coronet Highlands, and Alabaster Icelands.
Jubilife Village Unown locations
There are three Unown to find in Jubilife Village, and unless you know they’re there, you may struggle to spot them at first glance. Fortunately, the second you know the locations the Unown are in, they do stand out.
- Unown W location – head to the roof of Galaxy Hall (accessible via Commander office). Next, walk towards the Magikarp statue to the Southwest of the roof. On the statue, you can see the Unown hiding in its eye.
- Unown H location – when entering the village from the beach (where you start the game), you can see this Unown hiding as part of the sign above the entrance.
- Unown ? location – this Unown is easy to find. Just head behind your quarters in Jubilife Village to spot it hanging around.
Obsidian Fieldlands Unown locations
In the Obsidian Fieldlands, five Unown are waiting for you to discover their whereabouts.
- Unown S location – head to the West side of the tidewater dam, which is located between Nature’s Pantry and The Heartwood. You can find the Unown lying there waiting for you to catch it.
- Unown I location – in the centre of Lake Verity is a cave, head there, and go behind the entrance to discover Unown I.
- Unown G location – to find Unown G, you must head to Obsidian Falls. Once here, head to the top of the waterfall to spot Unown G chilling on the side of a rock to the back of the water.
- Unown X location – you can’t reach Unown X unless you have Sneasler or Braviary available to get you up there. Once you have one of these ‘mons, you can climb the Grandtree. Unown X is waiting for you on a branch.
- Unown E location – you need to head as far West as possible until you reach Grueling Grove. Once here, you can spot Unown E hiding in a tree on a small island in the middle of a pool of water.
Crimson Mirelands Unown locations
Much like the Obsidian Fieldlands, the Crimson Mirelands has five Unown for you to discover, a couple of which are pretty close to one another.
- Unown A location – in the Diamond Settlement, to the Northeast of the area, Unown A is catching some rays on top of a tent.
- Unown D location – starting at the main Crimson Mirelands campsite, head north through a small forest. Eventually, you’ll come across a campfire, where Unown D is waiting atop a tree stump.
- Unown V location – go to the Scarlet Bog, here you can find a huge body of water on the Western side of the area. Here, you can spot Unown V hanging around in a tree.
- Unown K location – head to the Southern part of the Shrouded Ruins. Once here, look for a huge stack of rocks. If you find it, you can see Unown K stuck to the top rock.
- Unown M location – to the South of Sludge Mound, you can find a fallen tree on top of a circular platform, and this is where Unown M is.
Cobalt Coastlands Unown locations
There are five Unown to find in the Cobalt Coastlands, and you’d best be ready for a round trip as the creatures are spread all across the area, from Turnback Cave, to Firespit Island, and Deadwood Haunt.
- Unown Z location – in Deadwood Haunt, you can see a huge shipwreck, and you might naturally be drawn there to investigate, and that’s a good thing given Unown Z is stuck to the top of the mast.
- Unown Q location – go to the entrance of Turnback Cave in the Northeast of the Cobalt Coastlands. Once here, go to the tree to the left side of the cave, here you can find Unown Q amongst the branches.
- Unown B location – it’s time to fly across to Firespit Island. Yes, you need Braviary to catch this Unown. Once you reach the island, fly across Arcanine’s boss arena to see Unown B high up on the side of the rock in the centre of the island.
- Unown R location – at the end of Veilstone Cape, you can find a grave. Go behind it to discover Unown M on the cliff’s edge.
- Unown N location – head to Sand’s Reach. Once there, take to the water and go over to the right horn protruding from the ocean. Unown N is on the side of it.
Coronet Highlands Unown locations
Again, there are five Unown hiding here. One is quite far out of the way, but the other four are in similar locations.
- Unown C location – this creature makes you work for it. You need to climb a good chunk of the mountain and reach the Celestica Ruins. Once here, call upon Sneasler to help you climb the ruins. In the centre of the area, atop a pillar, is Unown C.
- Unown L location – after going through Wayward Cave the first time, go back in. Ingo has relit the torches making it easy to see. Follow the torches along until you see a destructible boulder. Break it, walk down the tunnel, and you can see Unown L in front of you on the wall.
- Unown J location – if you take the Sonorous path entrance to the Ancient Quarry, you can spot Unown J hiding between rocks on the left wall.
- Unown F location – this Unown is also in the Ancient Quarry, but this time you need to use Sneasel to climb to the top of the rocks above the lava pools. Go all the way to the peak to find Unown F on the cliff face.
- Unown P location – swim across the river to the Fabled Spring. Once here, you can see a big purple flower bed, go and investigate it to spot Unown P hiding amongst the flowers.
Alabaster Icelands Unown locations
Have you worked out the pattern yet? That’s right. You must venture deep into the unknown territory of the Alabaster Icelands to discover five Unown. They’re spread out, so be ready for a chilly trip.
- Unown T location – go to the northwest side of Avalugg’s Legacy and use Braviary to fly to the top of the structure. Once here, you can find Unown T chilling in the snow. Maybe it wants to build a snowman?
- Unown Y location – go to Icebound Falls and climb halfway up it to find Unown Y looking across the horizon.
- Unown ! location – head to the hot springs to the West of the Alabaster Icelands. Once there, you can spot Unown ! hiding at the top of a leafless tree.
- Unown U location – go to the far East of Heart’s Crag. Above a body of water, you can find Unown U on the back of a rock.
- Unown O location – okay, so this one might take a bit of searching as its in the underground caverns. Make sure you drop down from the giant hole in Avalanche Slopes. Once you do, head all the way through the cavern to a big room, you can find Unown hiding on the back of a pillar here.
Phew, there you have it, all of the Pokémon Legends: Arceus Unown locations. These little peeps have you travelling all over the Hisui region, so be sure to take in the sights on your travels. If this marks the end of your Pokémon journey, check out our picks for the best Switch RPGs so another may begin.