Tower of Fantasy’s Lin is one of the most coveted characters in the CN version of the game, and has finally reached her global release. Her extremely powerful skills, flexible playstyle, unique buffs and DoTs, and stunning design all contribute to her excellence, and many consider her to be one of the strongest Simulacra in the game. So let’s take a look at her banner, skills, matrices, and more.
If you’re wondering where different Simulacra and weapons rank, check out our Tower of Fantasy tier list. We’ve also got build guides for all the Tower of Fantasy characters, including Tower of Fantasy Ruby, Tower of Fantasy Cobalt B, Tower of Fantasy Nemesis, Tower of Fantasy Frigg, and more.
Tower of Fantasy Lin
Lin is an SSR Simulacra who wields a powerful fan-blade called Shadow Weaver. Well-educated and resolute, Lin harnesses the power of altered damage and represents District 7. She works towards the phased goal of eliminating whatever gets in the way of ecological construction, wiping out enemies and sterilizing the environment in hopes of improving Vera.
Tower of Fantasy’s Lin is currently available on the limited Mirror’s Shadow banner. You can pull on her banner using red nucleus, or purchase a copy of her from the limited store using flame gold.
Tower of Fantasy’s Lin is an SSR Simulacra who wields Shadow Weaver. Shadow Weaver is a DPS weapon that inflicts altered (aberration) damage and has the weapon mastery bonus. Both her shatter rank and weapon charge rate are extremely high, and she’s become a mainstay in most CN ToF teams.
In the CN section of our Tower of Fantasy tier list, Lin falls in the SS+ rank category. She’s considered an invaluable addition to any line-up, and all players are urged to pull for her when they get the chance. Hopefully, she’s just as strong in her global release version.
Here, we list all the main stats for Lin’s weapon, Shadow Weaver. The shatter ranking dictates how quickly Shadow Weaver can break enemy shields, whereas the charge rate shows how quickly the weapon gains charge.
- CS: 272
- Shatter: 11.50 (S)
- Charge: 8.00 (A)
- Attack: 18
- HP: 1,165
- Crit: 14
- Type: Altered damage (aberration) – when the weapon is fully charged, the next attack leaves a mark on the enemy that explodes after five seconds. The explosion deals 25% of the damage dealt during the marked period, up to 560% of attack. Only one mark can exist at a time
- Weapon mastery: activate weapon mastery when used with other weapons. Nightblooms randomly appear around the target and explode within one to three seconds, dealing 25% AoE damage
Here are each of Tower of Fantasy Lin’s skills and attacks according to the CN version of the game. Note that this is based on Shadow Weaver’s level one stats, which increase as you level up the weapon.
|Normal attack||While on the ground, use Shadow Weaver to perform five attacks.
First attack: deal damage equal to 59.9% of ATK +3
Second attack: deal damage equal to 57.1% of ATK +3
Third attack: deal damage equal to 49.5% of ATK +3
Fourth attack: deal damage equal to 114.2% of ATK +6Fifth attack: deal damage equal to 152.2% of ATK +8
|Aerial Discharge (jump, attack)||While airborne, tap basic attack five times to perform consecutive attacks in the air.
First attack: deal damage equal to 30.6% of ATK +2
Second attack: deal damage equal to 55.6% of ATK +3
Third attack: deal damage equal to 48.2% of ATK +3
Fourth attack: deal damage equal to 111.2% of ATK +6
Fifth attack: deal damage equal to 148.3% of ATK +8
|Scattered Soil (attack, hold attack)||After the second basic attack on the ground or in the air, hold the basic attack to trigger scattered soil. Launch an attack at the target location, dealing damage equal to 83.2% of ATK +4 and knocking them down.
Passive: after unleashing scattered soil on the ground, rapidly tap normal attack to immediately unleash brief bloom (third stack)
|Brief Bloom (hold attack)||Hold the basic attack to release Brief Bloom. You can charge this up to three stages, gaining hyperbody and immunity to control effects while charging.
The first stage deals damage equal to 73.9% ATK +4
The second stage deals damage equal to 146.2% of ATK +8
The third stage deals damage equal to 246.2% of ATK +13
|Falling Shadow (jump, hold attack)||Falling quickly to the ground, deal damage equal to 160% of ATK +8 and knock down targets|
|Leafy Green (dodge, attack)||Launch an attack on the target while dodging midair, dealing damage equal to 70% of ATK +4. The hit generates one to three epiphyllums, and forms a green field around you that lasts for five seconds, reducing enemy movement speed by 50%. Can be used on the ground or in the air. When under control effects, immediately break out and automatically release Leafy Green without any cost of dodge, with a cooldown of 20 seconds|
|Moonlight Realm||Form a Moonlight Realm around yourself for 15 seconds. Staying inside the realm increases your attack by 15% and your jumping ability by 20%, and reduces your endurance consumption by 50% (cooldown of 30 seconds). When using Shadow Weaver inside a Moonlight Realm, enter the Airbloom state, where your falling speed is greatly reduced. Jumping while moving in a direction allows you to perform a roam, launching an attack dealing 66% of ATK +3 and spawning one to three epiphyllums.
– Inside Moonlight Realm, an ephiphyllum generates near a target every 0.8 seconds.
– When using Shadow Weaver inside Moonlight Realm, you deal 50% more damage to targets with less than 20% HP. You also teleport away from the target when you are about to take damage, with a cooldown of ten seconds
In addition to all the above properties, the Moonlight Realm transforms based on which weapons you have equipped, with the following effects.
- When paired with two flame weapons, Moonlight Realm transforms into a Flame: Moonlight Realm. While inside the realm, the duration of burn effects extend by four seconds, and increases flame damage to shielded targets by 15%
- When paired with two volt weapons, Moonlight Realm transforms into a Volt: Moonlight Realm. While inside the realm, your dodges have a 65% chance of not being consumed, and you gain a 5% boost to dodge attack damage and a 10% boost to volt damage
- When paired with two frost weapons, Moonlight Realm transforms into an Frost: Moonlight Realm, which increases your frost attack by 10%
- When paired with two physical weapons (grievous), Moonlight Realm is transformed into a Physical: Moonlight Realm, which sees you deal damage equal to 50% of attack +3 to targets within attack range every second
- When paired with two weapons of different elements, gain 15% attack for all elements while inside the realm. This is counted as you activating flame, volt, frost, and physical resonance without resonance effects
|Gravity Weave||When weapon charge is full or Phantasia triggers, switch to this weapon to cleanse yourself of all debuffs and release Gravity Weave with a stronger absorption force, dealing damage equal to 368.5% of ATK +19. After five seconds the gravity field explodes in a wide diffusion wave, dealing 184.3% of ATK +10. During the discharge animation, you’re immune to damage for 1.5 seconds (doesn’t apply in Apex League)|
You can advance Tower of Fantasy weapons by using their corresponding fusion cores, which you get by collecting more than one copy of a character. After you get your first copy of Lin and Shadow Weaver, you can purchase another copy through the limited store during her banner for 120 flame gold. Alternatively, you can get a duplicate of Lin by pulling on the banner, but, of course, this is entirely up to RNG.
Advancing your weapons by spending fusion cores and gold unlocks special bonuses. Here are all of the bonuses you gain from unlocking each of Lin’s advancement stars.
- One star: normal attacks deal AoE damage. When epiphyllums are in explosion range of each other, the damage of subsequent explosions increases by 10% each (up to 50%). Moonlight Realm reduces the spawn time of epiphyllums to 0.5 seconds
- Two stars: increases Shadow Weaver’s base ATK growth by 16%
- Three stars: Moonlight Realm reduces the spawn time of Nightblooms to 0.3 seconds, and epiphyllums now attach to enemy targets. The duration of Moonlight Realm increases to 20 seconds
- Four stars: increases Shadow Weaver’s base ATK growth by 32%
- Five stars: while inside Moonlight Realm, gain 30 weapon charge per second. Also increases discharge damage by 15%
- Six stars: you can switch modes on Moonlight Realm up to two times. Gain one attempt from skill cooldown, and one attempt by charging your discharge. (effective in the background). Use any weapon discharge three times to gain +1 on the Moonlight Realm account. Effective even when Shadoweave is in the off-hand slot. Also increases your attack to 23% when you’re under the effect of Moonlight Realm
Lin has her own matrix set which holds a clear advantage over others. It’s tailored to her kit and offers very powerful attack and damage buffs that are easy to activate.
Alternatively, combining two Samir and two Crow matrices works well for builds focused on high DPS over other utilities like DoTs and buffs.
For an SR option, we recommend the highly contested Sobek’s Swamp Shadow set, which is very useful when facing off against large groups of enemies, especially in gameplay modes like the Bygone Phantasm.
|ToF matrix set||Rarity||Effect|
|Lin||SSR||Two equipped: hitting an enemy increase your attack by 2.1%/2.6%/3.1%/3.6% for 18 seconds, stacking up to five times. If multiple sets are used, only the highest star set will take effect
Four equipped: travelling five metres within Moonlight Realm grants one stack of Moonlight, increasing your final damage by 4%/4.9%/5.8%/6.7% for 15 seconds, stacking up to three times. The effect is active in the off-hand slot. If multiple sets are used, only the highest star set will take effect
|Samir||SSR||Two equipped: increases your damage progressively by 1% upon hitting a target. Stack up to 10/13/16/20 times. Lasts 1.5 seconds
Four equipped: increase Dual EM Stars’ electrical explosion damage by 16%/22%/30%/40% of attack
|Crow||SSR||Two equipped: increases crit damage to targets with less than 60% HP by 24%/30%/36%/42%
Four equipped: crits deal additional damage over time equal to 18%/22%/26%/30% of attack every second for five seconds. Does not stack
|Sobek||SR||Three equipped: increases damage dealt by 6%/7.5%/9% for each enemy nearby. Up to three stacks|
To upgrade Lin, you need nano coating, acidproof glaze, nanofiber frames, and booster frames. You can get boxes containing these as rewards from Dimensional Trials, Interstellar Exploration, Omnium Beacons, and the weapon store.
We don’t know all of Tower of Fantasy Lin’s favourite gifts yet, but we do know she prefers items with the metalware, decorations, and Vera tags. Additionally, as she’s a Vera character, you get a smaller amount of awakening points from gifts from outside of Vera.
Giving Lin gifts earns you awakening points. When you hit certain awakening progress milestones, you also unlock recollection rewards. Here are all of Tower of Fantasy Lin’s awakening rewards.
Keep in mind that you can use a Simulacra’s unlocked trait without taking on their appearance by toggling the ‘use Simulacra trait’ switch underneath them on the Simulacra selection page.
|Awakening points||Recollection reward|
|1,200||Lin trait – Nightbloom’s explosion damage increases by 15%|
|4,000||Lin trait – Nightbloom’s explosion damage increases by 20%. Nightbloom explosions reduce all elemental resistances of the affected targets by 7% for seven seconds. This effect cannot stack|
That’s everything we’ve got on Tower of Fantasy’s Lin for now. If you’re on the hunt for a new adventure and plenty of freebies to take with you, check out our daily updated Free Fire redeem codes.