Our Pokémon Go Eevee evolution guide goes into every detail you need to know about these ‘mons. Ultimately, to answer your potential question, yes, there is a reliable method of getting Eevee to evolve into Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, or Sylveon and it works every single time.
If you’re a big fan of the location-based monster collector, we thoroughly recommend checking out our other guides, including Pokémon Go promo codes, Pokémon Go events, Pokémon Go raids, and Pokémon Go community days.
In the meantime though, let’s take a look at our Pokémon Go Eevee evolution guide.
Eevee has eight different forms of evolution, which include Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Sylveon. After acquiring 25 Eevee candies, you can evolve it into Vaporeon, Jolteon, or Flareon at random.
But how do you take the random element out of it and, instead, force Eevee to take each of the individual forms? Well, it’s a simple process of changing Eevee’s name before you evolve them.
It’s worth noting that this method only allows you to get each different evolution of Eevee a single time. Once you’ve performed it on your account, you will no longer be able to get that particular form of Eevee using this method on that account.
Here are the different names you’ll need to use to get each different Pokémon Go Eevee evolution:
- Vaporeon: Rainer
- Jolteon: Sparky
- Flareon: Pyro
- Espeon: Sakura
- Umbreon: Tamao
- Leafeon: Linnea
- Glaceon: Rea
- Sylveon: Kira
Make sure the silhouette of the evolution you want shows up on the evolve button, otherwise the nickname trick won’t work.
After you use the nickname method for the first time, evolving Eevee into Vaporeon, Flareon, or Jolteon is, unfortunately, random. You can evolve Eevee into one of the above evolutions by using 25 Eevee candy.
While the above method is the easiest manner with which to get every single Eevee evolution in Pokémon Go, there are actually a number of alternative methods for a few specific evolutions.
Here’s how to evolve Eevee into Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, or Sylveon:
- Pokémon Go Espeon: while Eevee is your buddy, walk 10km then evolve it during the day. It’s worth noting, that Eevee must remain as your buddy when you evolve it
- Pokémon Go Umbreon: while Eevee is your buddy, walk 10km then evolve it during the night. It’s worth noting that Eevee must remain as your buddy when you evolve it
- Pokémon Go Leafeon: use a mossy lure while evolving Eevee
- Pokémon Go Glaceon: use a glacial lure while evolving Eevee
- Pokémon Go Sylveon: earn 75 hearts with Sylveon as your buddy. It’s worth noting that Eevee must remain as your buddy when you evolve it