How do you customise your Roblox avatar? Whether you want to look like a Roblox noob, or have made your own outfits using your original Roblox shirt template, there are plenty of reasons that you might want to customise your own Roblox avatar to get it looking exactly the way you want to. Luckily, we’re here to help.
Below, you’ll find instructions on exactly how to customise your Roblox avatar to your liking. whether you’re playing Roblox on your PC browser, or on your mobile phone, we’ve covered methods for both below. We explain how to change what your Roblox avatar is wearing, their skin colour, and even alter individual colours on your avatar – so you can have arms that are a different skin tone to your legs, or whatever combination you feel like!
We’ve also covered how to get over the ‘soft limits’ on each item, to add up to an additional ten cosmetic items of any type. So, however you want to customise your Roblox avatar, you’ll find instructions below.
How do I customise my Roblox avatar on a browser?
To customise your Roblox avatar on a browser, you first need to tap the ‘Avatar’ tab located on the left side of your screen. From this tab, you can add or remove items from your avatar.
How do I add and remove items from my avatar?
Simply follow these instructions:
- To add an item to your Roblox avatar, tap on any of the available pull-down menus, and select a category (e.g. hat, hair, etc.).
- If you own multiple items for your selected category, scroll down until you find the item that you’re looking for.
- Once you’ve chosen the item that you want, tap on the icon. The item will highlight green to let you know you’ve selected it.
Each item has a soft limit, which you can increase by tapping ‘Advanced’ in the lower-right-hand corner. By inputting the Asset ID found in the item link, you can add up to ten additional items. We’ve put the Asset ID in bold for the example below:
- To remove an item from your avatar, go to the avatar editor tab – again, tap the ‘Avatar’ tab located on the left side of your screen.
- From here, tap on ‘Recent’ or select the category you’d like to remove the item from (e.g. hat, hair, etc.).
- From the ‘Recent’ menu, the items that your avatar is currently wearing should be near the top of the list.
- Or, if you’ve selected the category of item you’d like to remove, you’ll need to scroll down to find the specific item.
Items that your Roblox avatar is currently wearing should be highlighted in green. Tap the highlighted item to remove it.
Sometimes, your avatar won’t correctly display the items that you’re wearing. If this happens, tap the “Redraw” link underneath the image of your Roblox avatar.
How do I change my avatar’s skin colour?
Just follow these simple steps:
- To change your Roblox avatar’s skin colour, you first need to tap the ‘Avatar’ tab located on the left side of your screen.
- From this tab, you can change your Roblox avatar’s skin colour by selecting the ‘Body’ tab, and then selecting ‘Skin Tone’.
- From here, simply tap on the colour you’d like to change your Roblox character’s skin tone to
- If you want to customise the colour of individual body parts (e.g. legs, arms etc.), tap ‘Advanced’ in the lower-right-hand corner.
- From here, tap on the body part you’d like to change, and select the desired colour.
How do I customise my Roblox avatar on mobile?
- To customise your Roblox avatar on mobile, you’ll first have to access your inventory.
- To do this, tap the ‘More’ button at the bottom of your screen, then tap ‘Inventory’.
- From here, you can add or remove items from your avatar.
- First, select the item from your inventory that you want to add or remove.
- To add the item, slide the ‘Wear this’ slider to ‘Yes’. To remove the item, slide the ‘Wear this’ slider to ‘No’.
How do I change my Roblox avatar’s skin colour on mobile?
You currently cannot change your Roblox avatar’s skin colour via the mobile version of Roblox, but you can still do this on your phone, by accessing the full site as outlined below.
- First, open your device’s web browser and visit roblox.com. If you aren’t already logged in, select ‘View Full Site’, and log in.
- Once logged in, press the icon in the upper-left corner to bring up the menu, and select ‘Full Site’.
- From here, select ‘Avatar’, and you now change your skin colour as you would with a browser, using the steps outlined above.
So, that’s how to customise your Roblox avatar. Want to read more on Roblox? Don’t forget to check out our favourite funny Roblox memes, and our guide on how to make friends in Roblox. Or, you can look at our list of the best Roblox games if you’re after something new to play.