Genshin Impact update 1.6 is now upon us! This latest version has given us summery new skins, a fresh character, and a fun mini-game that tasks you with drifting around the ocean on a boat to collect echoing conch shells for numerous rewards. It can be a little difficult to track down each conch location in Golden Apple Archipelago, so we’re here to help you out.
Echoing Conches will appear as you progress through the time-gated Midsummer Island Story event, meaning you can only unlock a few each day. We will update our Genshin Impact conch locations guide as soon as we can, letting you know exactly which islands to travel to.
To find out more about the content included in Genshin Impact update 1.6, we recommend taking a look at our Genshin Impact Kazuha guide. For those of you who need a few extra primogems and a little bit of mora, we also have a list of every active Genshin Impact code for you to glance through.
What are the Genshin Impact conch locations?
Use our handy maps below to track down all 32 echoing conches. We also recommend taking a look at the official Genshin Impact interactive map for helpful videos and screenshots.
Broken Isle conch locations
You can find five echoing conches on Broken Isle with help from the map above.
Minacious Isle conch locations
You can find four echoing conches on Minacious Isle.
Pudding Isle conch locations
Take a trip to Pudding Isle to find seven echoing conches.
Twinning Isle conch locations
Head over to Twinning Isle to pick up 13 echoing conches.
Outlier conch locations
Drift over to the locations above to find the final three echoing conches.
What are the echoing conch rewards?
Make sure you collect as many echoing conches as possible in order to receive the following rewards.
- Four echoing conches: 60 Primogems, two talent level up materials, 30k mora
- Eight echoing conches: 60 Primogems, two talent level up materials, 30k mora
- 12 echoing conches: 60 Primogems, two talent level up materials, 30k mora
- 24 echoing conches: 60 primogems, Barbara Genshin Impact skin, two talent level up materials, 30k mora
- 28 echoing conches: ten hero’s wit, ten mystic enhancement ore, 30k mora
- 32 echoing conches: ten hero’s wit, ten mystic enhancement ore, 30k mora
How do I get to the Golden Apple Archipelago?
Golden Apple Archipelago is a limited-time region that arrived as part of update 1.6. It is a group of islands that is canonically hard to reach, surrounded by fog and storms. The Dodo King gives you a quest by the name of Mysterious Islands: Journey to the Unknown, and it’s your job to complete this in order to progress.
In order to be eligible for the Mysterious Islands: Journey to the Unknown quest, you must be at least adventure rank 21 and have completed the Song of the Dragon and Freedom and True Treasure quests.
How to get to the Golden Apple Archipelago:
- Talk to Klee: Klee is located in the Knights of Favonius HQ. When you talk to her, she will tell you about a letter she received.
- Find the three NPCs: You then need to gather intel on the Mysterious Islands by talking to three NPCs called Cyrus, Marjorie, and Huffman.
- Talk to Lisa: Go to Mondstadt Library and talk to Lisa, who will help you decode the letter.
- Talk to Jean: Walk across the library and talk to Jean. This will lead to a cutscene.
- Find Venti: In order to continue, you will have to adjust the in-game time to anywhere between 12:00 and 18:00. Meet with Jean, Barbara, and Klee in the Square, then head over to the Windrise and speak to Venti. Venti will help you reach Golden Apple Archipelago by riding Dvalin.
- Activate the Waypoints: You will now need to activate three waypoints by sailing around and exploring the islands.
- First waypoint: There is one Waypoint in the Pudding Isle, where you start.
- Second waypoint: The next is in Twinning Isle, to the north of Pudding Isle.
- Third waypoint: Then, head southwest to find the next one in Broken Isle.
- Light the beacon: Finally, head to the Minacious Isle to light the beacon and finish the quest.
- Final tip: Be wary of strong enemies while out on your travels!
As you unlock the Teleport Waypoints, the fog begins to lift, until the sun reappears like a golden apple in the sky.
Now that you have every conch, take a look at our Genshin Impact tier list to find out which character is best. We’ve also put together a Genshin Impact mural locations guide, to help you beat the new quest.