Chances are pretty high at this point that you already own Minecraft. Given that you’re on this site right now, chances are even higher that you own Minecraft: Pocket Edition, the former title of the mobile version. Given that you’ve already forked out for it, isn’t it a shame that there isn’t a Minecraft mobile PC version? Well, the good news for you is that there is.
Wait, where are you going? We haven’t even told you how yet. Jeez. It’s all made possible thanks to third-party software, like BlueStacks, a platform that makes playing mobile games on PC an absolute breeze. It also includes some nifty features, like keyboard and mouse support, the ability to play multiple games at once, and higher FPS.
In this guide, we’re going to detail exactly how you can play Minecraft mobile on your PC, using BlueStacks, and how to make the most of it. That means you can build your creations on the big screen and carry on playing on the small screen when out and about.
Here’s how to play minecraft mobile pc:
Minecraft: Pocket Edition is the mobile version of Minecraft, though it no longer goes by that name in the mobile app stores. In terms of features, it’s practically an identical experience to the version on PC and console, though with a few distinct differences:
- You can purchase extra content via microtransactions
- It doesn’t feature support for unofficial mods
- Pocket Edition doesn’t always receive updates at the same time as the PC and console versions
- You can play with friends on Xbox and PC in multiplayer, and there’s an invite-only option
- It features totally reworked controls and a redesigned UI for the touchscreen
Playing Minecraft: Pocket Edition on your PC is as easy as visiting the official Minecraft mobile page on BlueStacks and hitting ‘download Minecraft on PC’. If you don’t currently have BlueStacks installed on your PC, you’ll instead download the app, after which point you can download Minecraft. Here’s how to do it in steps:
- Visit the official BlueStacks site on your PC
- Hit ‘download BlueStacks’
- Wait for the download to complete
- Open the file and install BlueStacks
- Boot up the app
- Search ‘Minecraft’ using the search bar at the top right
- Click ‘install’
- Sign in to your Google Play account
- Download and enjoy Minecraft
BlueStacks has various different features you can utilise while playing on PC, but not all of them are available in each individual game. Here’s what you can expect from Minecraft in BlueStacks:
- Multiple instances: you can run multiple instances of Minecraft at once, allowing you to play with a bunch of different friends in different worlds
- Real-time translation: if Minecraft doesn’t feature your native language, BlueStacks might be able to help with that
- High FPS: own a powerful PC? You just might be able to boost the FPS
- Repeated tap: this nifty feature speeds up your ability to perform the same action multiple times
And there we have it: that’s how you can play Minecraft: Pocket Edition on your PC. Have fun!