Minecraft is an ever-changing world, more living than not, with players constantly re-inventing and building to their heart’s desire. As such, the game also has to change to accommodate this. Minecraft: Pocket Edition updates are a vital part of what keeps the game fresh and fun to play, making changes to crafting, creature mobs, and building.
Minecraft: Pocket Edition now has full cross platform play, meaning there are fewer barriers than ever to playing on mobile devices. The recent Nether update has also made some massive changes to the game, including new blocks, biomes, ores, mobs, and a tonne of other inclusions.
There really is no better time to play Minecraft on mobile, and join millions of others in exploring a fantastic world, and building… well, what you want! In this new guide we’re going to give you the lowdown on all the changes coming to Minecraft mobile, along with details on how they change the game, and how to get involved for yourself if you like what you see.
Here is the latest minecraft update:
Minecraft has received one of the biggest updates in quite a long time. The Nether update has brought a massive number of changes to the open-world crafting game, and, most of all, changes to ‘The Nether’, a dangerous sub-region of Minecraft filled with monsters and a whole lot of fire. Here are the main changes it brings:
- An overhaul to the Nether, with four new biomes – Basalt Deltas, Crimson Forests, Soul Sand Valleys, and Warped Forests
- Four new mobs – Piglin, Zoglin, Hoglin, and Strider
- Tonnes of new blocks, including variants of Blackstone
- A new respawn anchor to choose where you revive in the Nether
- New Netherite tier of equipment, found as a rare item in the Nether
nether update 1.16 biomes
One of the main inclusions in the 1.16 update are four new biomes contained within the Nether. Here’s what they are, and some key details about them:
- Basalt Deltas: volcanic areas that contain Ghasts, Magma Cubes, and Striders
- Crimson Forests: red woodland areas that contain Hoglins, Piglins, and Zombified Piglins
- Soul Sand Valleys: huge caves that contain Skeletons, Ghasts, and Endermen
- Warped Forests: a blue variant of the Crimson Forests with Endermen and Striders
NETHER UPDATE 1.16 mobs
Four new mobs were also added in the 1.16 update. Here’s what they are:
- Hoglins: a hostile mob with an adult and baby version – drops raw porkchop and leather
- Zoglins: a zombified Hoglin – drops rotten flesh
- Piglins: a mob where adults are hostile and babies are passive – you can also wear golden armour to make them friendly, and trade with them using gold
- Striders: a passive mob that drops strings
nether update 1.16 items
There are also some new items in Minecraft update 1.16. Here’s what they are, and do:
- Music Discs: can be used to play new ‘Pigstep’ song
- Netherite Armour: a new armour that’s tougher than diamond and does not burn in lava
- Lodestone Compass: a compass that can be linked to a specific Lodestone
- Netherite sword, axe, shovel etc: new tools with a high durability that also don’t burn in lava
- Netherite Ingot: created with Gold Ingots and Netherite Scraps, and used to craft Netherite equipment
- Netherite Scrap: created by smelting Ancient Debris and used to created Netherite Ingots
- Snout Banner Pattern: a new pattern for banners called ‘Snout’
- Spawn Eggs: spawn eggs for all the new mobs
- Warped fungus on stick: crafted with fishing rod and warped fungus and used to control Striders
There are tonnes of other new things on top of these which you can view in depth on the Minecraft wiki. If you want to play Minecraft on mobile, you can also download it on Google Play and the App Store.
In this section we’ll answer all your questions about Minecraft update 1.16.
When is the minecraft 1.16 release date?
Lucky for you, the Minecraft 1.16 Nether update released on June 23, meaning you can load up the game right now to start exploring the new and improved Nether.
how do I get update 1.16?
The new Nether update has already dropped for Minecraft, meaning the game is already running 1.16, so you don’t have to do anything to get it.
what is netherite?
Netherite is a new material that you use for crafting in Minecraft. By smelting Ancient Debris, you can get Netherite Scraps, which, when combined with Gold Ingots, can create Netherite Ingots.
You can use these, in turn, to fashion Netherite equipment, including weapons or armour. Netherite is a very strong material, more durable than Diamond, and it doesn’t burn in lava, making it ideal for use in the Nether.