Pokémon Go is a very busy game. Niantic has settled into a nice rhythm of providing a wealth of content via Pokémon Go updates, which introduce new events, features, and more to your favourite mobile game. There is so much happening on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis that it’s actually really challenging to keep on top of, even if you’re well-versed in keeping up to date with the latest Pokémon Go news.
But that’s where we come in. We want to help you keep on top of all of the various different Pokémon Go update details in a single place, so you don’t ever have to go anywhere else to learn, at a glance, exactly what’s going on. We’re going to include details of all of the latest updates and patch notes, so you can quickly check what’s new in Pokémon Go.
Pokémon Go update – 1.183.1
The patch notes released for update 1.183.1 are the same as 1.183.0, so we assume this update is to implement bug fixes.
Pokémon Go update – 1.183.0
Hoopa is making more mischief! For the final part of this year’s Ultra Unlock, Hoopa has used its rings to summon the Legendary Pokémon Zacian and Zamazenta to the world of Pokémon GO.
Pokémon Go update – 1.181.1
The patch notes released for update 1.181.1 are the same as 1.181.0, so we assume this update is to implement bug fixes.
Pokémon Go update – 1.181.0
- Address book import: Soon, you’ll be able to add friends from your contact list
- In-app support is now located at the top of the settings menu
- Collection challenges now include a window explaining the challenge’s icons
- You can now skip the Team GO Rocket battle-reward animations.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.167.1
The patch notes released for update 1.167.1 are the same as 1.167.0, so we assume this update is to implement bug fixes.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.167.0
- You can now transfer legendary and mythical Pokémon when selecting multiple Pokémon
- The Season of Celebration ended on March 1. Are you ready for what’s next?
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.165.0
This update is to implement unspecified “bug fixes”.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.163.1
The patch notes for update V1.163.1 provide information on current and upcoming events. Here are the full patch notes:
- Celebrate different regions of the Pokémon world in January as we count down to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto
- A new year means new challenges, and in that spirit, we’re introducing a new feature – Collection Challenges! These challenges provide a handy guide to catching Pokémon featured during in-game events
- You can now search your collection for Pokémon powered up with Candy XL
- We’ve made improvements to Egg storage and Pokémon tagging
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.161.2
The patch notes released for update 1.161.2 are, once again, the same as 1.161.0 and 1.161.1. We assume this update fixes general bugs.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.161.1
The patch notes released for update 1.161.1 are the same as 1.161.0, so we assume this update is to fix bugs with the Go Beyond event.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.161.0
- You can now go beyond level 40
- Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, and more Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region are now appearing in the wild
- Earn double Catch XP through the end of December. If you get to level 40 before 2021, the Legacy 40 medal will be yours
- Improvements to the Egg inventory, AR Mapping tasks, and Pokémon HOME connectivity.