Pokémon Go is a very busy game. Niantic has settled into a nice rhythm of providing a wealth of content via Pokémon Go updates, which introduce new events, features, and more to your favourite mobile game. There is so much happening on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis that it’s actually really challenging to keep on top of, even if you’re well-versed in keeping up to date with the latest Pokémon Go news.
But that’s where we come in. We want to help you keep on top of all of the various different Pokémon Go update details in a single place, so you don’t ever have to go anywhere else to learn, at a glance, exactly what’s going on. We’re going to include details of all of the latest updates and patch notes, so you can quickly check what’s new in Pokémon Go.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.167.1
The patch notes released for update 1.167.1 are the same as 1.167.0, so we assume this update is to implement bug fixes.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.167.0
- You can now transfer legendary and mythical Pokémon when selecting multiple Pokémon
- The Season of Celebration ended on March 1. Are you ready for what’s next?
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.165.0
This update is to implement unspecified “bug fixes”.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.163.1
The patch notes for update V1.163.1 provide information on current and upcoming events. Here are the full patch notes:
- Celebrate different regions of the Pokémon world in January as we count down to Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto
- A new year means new challenges, and in that spirit, we’re introducing a new feature – Collection Challenges! These challenges provide a handy guide to catching Pokémon featured during in-game events
- You can now search your collection for Pokémon powered up with Candy XL
- We’ve made improvements to Egg storage and Pokémon tagging
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.161.2
The patch notes released for update 1.161.2 are, once again, the same as 1.161.0 and 1.161.1. We assume this update fixes general bugs.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.161.1
The patch notes released for update 1.161.1 are the same as 1.161.0, so we assume this update is to fix bugs with the Go Beyond event.
POKÉMON GO UPDATE – 1.161.0
- You can now go beyond level 40
- Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, and more Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region are now appearing in the wild
- Earn double Catch XP through the end of December. If you get to level 40 before 2021, the Legacy 40 medal will be yours
- Improvements to the Egg inventory, AR Mapping tasks, and Pokémon HOME connectivity.
Pokémon Go update – 1.159.2
Pokémon Go update – 1.159.0
This update is to implement unspecified “bug fixes”. With all the updates surrounding Pokémon Go Beyond at the moment, we imagine this update fixes some unforeseen problems.
Pokémon Go update – 1.157.2
This update appears to be a small patch or hotfix. Niantic hasn’t released any information about the update, but we suspect it may have something to do with areas of the map disappearing for certain players.
Pokémon Go update – 1.157.1
- Mega Gengar is now available to battle in Mega Raids
- You can now store your battle parties and preview Pokémon’s attacks during battle party selection
- Pokémon searching has been improved, including the ability to navigate to your Pokémon storage from the Pokédex and the addition of new details about your Pokémon
- Updates to certain Evolution requirements
Pokémon Go update – 1.157.0
In Trainer Battles, the switch menu has been replaced by two buttons on the right side of the screen to more easily access the Pokémon you can switch to during your battles
In Trainer Battles, the switch animation camera angle has shifted so that you are able to see your Pokémon’s HP bar when your opponent is switching their Pokémon
Soon, battle parties will be saved on your account itself instead of on your device, meaning they’ll be synced when you reinstall the game or change devices
The Flying-type Charged Attack mini-game has been slightly slowed down
You can now navigate from a Pokémon’s detail page directly to its Pokédex entry
You can now navigate from a Pokédex entry directly to the Pokémon storage to see all Pokémon you have of that species
Soon, you’ll be able to see more information about the Pokémon you obtain on the Pokémon detail page. Note that this will not backfill information on Pokémon you’ve obtained prior to this feature
A new loading screen has been added
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Pokémon Go update – 1.155.0
- New AR mapping tasks, including geo-targeted field research tasks
- Masks is a brand new category available in the style shop
- Miscellaneous updates to the AR scan feature
Pokemon Go Update – 1.153.2
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Pokemon Go Update – 1.153.1
- Reality Blending is available on more devices. With Reality Blending, Pokémon are able to move behind objects while using AR features
- Personalise gifts you send to friends with new stickers available in the store
Pokémon Go update – 1.151.3
- The mega energy requirement to Mega Evolve a Pokémon that has already Mega Evolved has been decreased
- You will now gain more Mega Energy from winning raids
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
Pokémon Go update – 1.51.1
- Two and four-star raids have been removed from the game
- Pokémon from two and four-star raids will now appear in the tier below them
- Rewards for one and three-star raids will receive the rewards previously provided in two and four-star raids respectively
Pokémon Go update – 1.151.0
- Niantic social has received various enhancements
- You can now swipe horizontally on a friend’s detail screen to view your next friend’s details
- Bug fixes