February 09, 2021: We’ve added the latest news to our PUBG Mobile update guide, which includes the arrival of power armour and a limited-time Valentine’s Day event.
When Tencent provide us with a PUBG Mobile update, you know it’s going to be a big one. However, keeping track of these updates and what’s included in them is no walk in the park. That’s why we are helping you out with a regularly updated PUBG Mobile guide.
Our PUBG Mobile update guide will list the major recent changes in chronological order, so you can look back and see what’s been added. We here at Pocket Tactics, we like to look forward more often than looking back, so we’ll keep the list of updates nice and slim as we don’t want to distract you with changes made to PUBG Mobile last year.
If you are a PUBG Mobile fan, then be sure to keep an eye on our PUBG Mobile redeem and PUBG Mobile emulator guide. Anyway, without any further build-up, let’s get into the most recent PUBG Mobile update. We recommend bookmarking this page as we will update it regularly when there is a new update to talk about.
Here is the latest PUBG Mobile update:
The latest major addition to PUBG Mobile is power armour. Before you can wear the high-tech suit, you’ll have to scour the map for resources and craft each individual part. However, the reward is well worth the effort.
Beyond that, PUBG Mobile’s 2021 Valentine’s Day event is set to run from February 9 through to March 7.
Don't get banned by the #BANPAN 🍳 From January 22nd-28th, we permanently banned 1,857,847 accounts from accessing our game. The majority of causes were:
❌ Auto-Aim Hacks
❌ X-Ray Vision
❌ Speed Hacks
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) January 30, 2021
From January 22 to January 28, PUBG Mobile’s Project Ban Pan took down a grand total of 1,857,847 cheaters, banning them permanently. The majority of cases involved the use of auto-aim hacks, x-ray vision hacks, and speed hacks.
PUBG Mobile update 1.2 has transformed the game’s Erangel map, introducing otherworldly runes that grant special powers. Alongside new guns and game modes came a host of smaller balancing changes.
Registrations have now opened for the PUBG Mobile Club Open Spring Split. This will see the very best PUBG Mobile players and squads going head to head for their share of a $1.6 million prize pool. All the info you’ll need can be found on the game’s official esports site.
PUBG Mobile’s in-game Frost Festival event has landed. Now, you can shred the slopes and show off your snowboarding skills, explore a giant ice castle, and try to get in the festive spirit as you take down rival players with reckless abandon. Check out the trailer above for more info.
We're thankful for YOU! 🍗
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) November 24, 2020
Over the next week or so, PUBG Mobile is having a bit of a giveaway. The above tweet shows all of the possible giveaways and discounts available during the course of the week. There is also now a Youthful Enforcer set available right now.
An exciting announcement awaits! ⚠️
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) November 13, 2020
As if it’s not already seen a hefty update this week with the Metro Exodus tie-in, PUBG Mobile put out a tweet early this morning to announce what they’re calling an “exciting announcement”. The announcement drops at 13:30 GMT / 08:30 EST / 05:30 PST.
Version 1.1 Patch Notes are here! Welcome to the Metro Royale! ☢️
Be sure to update your game ASAP and hop into game today! pic.twitter.com/lgOV9Whfaq
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) November 10, 2020
The next big update, which is a tie-in with Metro Exodus, is arriving at some point on November 10. In this update, there will be a new ‘Metro Royale’ game mode which includes the following new features (and perhaps the vaguest patch notes we’ve seen in quite some time):
- Tikhar Rifle: An automatic sniper rifle that uses steel balls for ammo.
- Watchmen: These monsters appear in packs, growling to the others if it spots hostiles. You’ll want to eliminate it with a suppressed weapon before it calls to its friends.
- Erangel update: The map is now ruined and has two groups running around it: the Cobras and the Steel Front. They have agreed to a ceasefire ceasefire.
In addition, there are the following updates to both game modes:
PUBG Mobile patch notes
- Added a Metro Royale prologue
- Throwable melee weapons added
- A new Spike Trap item that can cause vehicle tires to pop
- Mini-Map marks added to the game
- Erangel now has a Metro system with three different networks (Red, Yellow, and Blue)
Metro Royale patch notes
- New environments, challenges, and weapons
- A Black Market
- Loadout Inventory
- “Talent” (we have absolutely no idea what this means)
- New system (Tencent has not said what this is in their tweet)
This new underground area has all sorts of horrible beasts lurking within, but it also has lots of stuff to salvage. If you destroy the lights, the tunnels will become pitch black, illuminated only by the flash of fired guns and explosives.
*maniacal laughing* 🧟
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) October 17, 2020
A fan favorite mode has returned to PUBG Mobile just in time for Halloween. Infection Mode is PUBG’s version of the classic zombie game, and sees you split into two teams: zombies and defenders. From then on it’s basically survival of the fittest, with defenders using M416s and AK47s, while zombies use hand-to-hand combat, and abilities. Every defender killed also has a chance of spawning into a super-powered zombie, such as the stealth, fast and zombie king variants.
Defenders also have a chance to become super-powered, though, and when only three survivors remain, they become a vanquisher, capable of permanently killing the shambling corpses. Halloween also brings the addition of spooky decorations such as gravestones, candles, and pumpkins. We can also expect some special costumes, though we don’t know exactly when they are set to arrive yet.
The patch notes for PUBG Mobile’s beta update 1.1 have been revealed, listing a good deal of the content we can expect to come to the game soon. This includes a new game mode, new equipment, and a winter festival event. Here’s everything we know for now:
- Metro Royale: a new game mode with two unique maps, equipment, and challenges
- Winter Festival: a themed winter event where players can visit the Winter Festival Hut and more
- Spike trap: this is a new item for classic mode
We don’t know how long the beta testing is going to be on this update, but we’ll add more details to this list as they are revealed.
Unleash awesome firepower in Payload 2.0! 💥
— PUBG MOBILE (@PUBGMOBILE) October 9, 2020
The new version of Payload has arrived in PUBG Mobile, bringing with it armoured vehicles, heavy weapons, and helicopters. The new weapons introduced to the game include the laser guided AT-4A missile launcher, and the four barreled M202 rocket launcher. Vehicles also come equipped with their own heavy weaponry, including flamers on the front of four wheeled vehicles, roof mounted machine-guns or grenade launchers, as well as machine-guns in each helicopter.
There are also a few new items, including the UAV controller, for dropping payloads on the enemy, the portable radar, which reveals vehicles around you, and the bomb suit, which offers increased protection against damage. If you want to get your hands on some of these tools of destruction, search for super weapon crates in-game.
A collaboration between PUBG Mobile and the band Blackpink is live in-game right now. You can earn new outfits and benefits, as well as get a chance to win a signed copy of the latest Blackpink album. This event will run between September 24 and October 8.
In addition to this, the PUBG Mobile plane and airdrops will feature Blackpink branding between October 2 and November 2, so keep an eye out for that in-game.
For more information, check out the PUBG Mobile official site.
PUBG Mobile’s Royale Pass Season 15 has now arrived, introducing a host of fresh rewards. By enrolling in the latest season, titled ‘Beyond A.C.E.’, you’ll have the chance to work through a series of tricky challenges and earn plenty of themed items. There are eight new costumes in total, as well as gear skins and even some all-new takes on classic outfits.
Beyond that, the game’s rewards and UI have received some slight upgrades. Bookmarks have been moved, and you can now easily browse for any levelled and unpurchased rewards. You’ll also be able to buy your vouchers straight from the voucher window. Plus, any RP points you’ve acquired between seasons will automatically be switched for ordinary point cards.
Finally, some smaller upgrades to the game’s subscription options have been made:
- Additional notifications have been added, aiding the process of redeeming your RP points
- Monthly price details and a new RP subscriptions video have landed
- You can now redeem your Plus Subscription rewards for three 300UC Vouchers as opposed to a single 900UC Voucher
In case you missed it, Tencent recently announced PUBG Mobile 1.0, aptly-titled ‘a new era’. The update seeks to bring PUBG Mobile back into the limelight, with graphical improvements, a revamped UI, and lighting changes. It will launch September 8, and you can check out the full list of changes by reading the patch notes below:
- Updated sky, land, water, and vegetation
- Building changes
- Large resource point changes
- Mylta Power: remodel with new building layout
- Quarry: improved textures, adjusted building layouts, and seven new warehouses
- Prison: adjusted terrain, added walls, new building layouts
- Added trenches, wooden barricades, abandoned tanks, and constructions
- Adjusted the structure of some urban areas
- Some buildings now have basements
- New weapon: M1014 is a semi-automatic shotgun with seven rounds
- Improved rock, water, and waterfalls textures
- Reduced advantages of the scaffolding opposite the waterfall
- Increased water depth above the waterfall
- The large boat is replaced with a speedboat, which refreshes, and can be used in narrow waterways
- Minor changes to supply drops
- Adjusted grass distribution
- Fixed the monster truck getting stuck and tree disappearing glitches
- Mysterious energy towers remain in Erangel.
- Players can redeem supplies from these towers by meeting certain conditions in combat
- Players have a chance to enter this mode during Erangel matchmaking in classic mode
- Payload 2.0: fully armed vehicles including a new helicopter
- Take the base and find new super weapon crates which contain heavy weaponry and powerful items
- Advanced communication towers allow players to respawn defeated teammates
- New vehicles: armed UASZ, Dacia, Buggy, and Pickup
- New heavy weaponry: AT-4 laser-guided missile and M202 four barreled rocket launcher
- New items: UAV controller, man-portable radar, bomb suit
Halloween infection mode
- Infection mode returns October 23
- Zombies wear Halloween masks with appropriate decorations
- Added a penalty strategy to target the newest plug-ins/cheaters
- Improved the process and policy to react and combat new hacks more swiftly
- Improved the skin textures for character models
- Introduced more natural transitions between parachute drop animations
- Adjusted building and terrain transitions
- Better lighting
- Improved hair quality
- New water surface shaders
- More accurate models for weapon sights
- Better shell ejection animations while firing
- Improved the display of crosshairs for the holographic, red dot, and optical sights
- Most cellphones can support 90 FPS
- Tommy gun can now be equipped with a red dot or holo sight
- UMP45: higher rate of fire and damage
- DBS: can now spawn on the ground
- Improved monster truck model
- Firing removes invincibility in the arena mode
- Cheer pack extreme arena: opens October 23, fight zombies in a transparent building
- New UI
- Royale pass season 15