Persona 5 is a fantastic JRPG. It encompasses everything that’s loved about the genre, with interesting characters, an intricate story, great hero development, gorgeous environments, and satisfying combat – it’s the ultimate game for RPG fans. So, it’s unsurprising that it ascends beyond videogames.
Yes, we’re talking about the Persona 5 anime. If you’re a mega-fan, you probably already know all about it, but just in case you don’t, we’ve put together this handy guide that covers all the important details, such as the number of episodes, voice actors, story, and more, but be careful, there’s a good chance this show will steal your heart.
Of course, as we all know by now, the RPG is on its way to Nintendo Switch, so make sure you check out our Persona 5 Switch release date news to discover more details. We also have Persona 3 Switch release date, Persona 4 Switch release date, and Nier Automata Switch release date content, just in case any of these games are of interest to you.
Anyway, onto everything you need to know about the Persona 5 anime.
How many episodes are in the Persona 5 anime series?
Persona 5: The Animation initially ran for 26 episodes between April 2018 and September 2018, with a further four special episodes to follow, the first of which aired in December 2018, the second in March 2019, and the last two are part of a Blu Ray bundle from May and June 2019.
What is the Persona 5 anime story?
The anime, much like the videogame, follows the story of Ren Amamiya (AKA, Joker) and the Phantom Thieves of Hearts. If you’re a fan of the game, you’re bound to recognise a lot of the narrative, as the anime takes inspiration from the original source. If you want to learn more about the leading man, head over to our Persona 5 Joker guide.
Who produces the Persona 5 anime?
Aniplex is behind the production of Persona 5: The Animation, and if you’re an anime fan, you likely recognise the company for its work on Sword Art Online, Blue Exorcist, Demon Slayer, and it’s currently working on the Nier Automata anime – make sure you check out our guide for more details.
Who are the voice actors in the Persona 5 anime?
There are two different voice actors of note for each role, as there are Japanese and English versions of the anime.
- Joker (Ren Amamiya) – Jun Fukuyama
- Morgana – Ikue Otani
- Ryuji Sakamoto – Mamoru Miyano
- Ann Takamaki – Nana Mizuki
- Yusuke Kitagawa – Tomokazu Sugita
- Makoto Niijima – Rina Sato
- Futaba Sakura – Aoi Yuki
- Haru Okumura – Haruka Tomatsu
- Goro Akechi – Soichiro Hoshi
- Sae Niijima – Yuko Kaida
- Sojiro Sakura – Jouji Nakata
- Tae Takemi – Yuka Saito
- Sadayo Kawakami – Mai Fuchigami
- Ichiko Ohya – Yumi Uchiyama
- Joker (Ren Amamiya) – Cander Mobus
- Morgana – Cassandra Lee Morris
- Ryuji Sakamoto – Max Mittelman
- Ann Takamaki – Erika Harlacher
- Yusuke Kitagawa – Matthew Mercer
- Makoto Niijima – Cherami Leigh
- Futaba Sakura – Erica Lindbeck
- Haru Okumura – Xanthe Huynh
- Goro Akechi – Robbie Daymond
- Sae Niijima – Elizabeth Maxwell
- Sojiro Sakura – Jamieson Price
- Tae Takemi – Abby Trott
- Sadayo Kawakami – Michelle Ruff
- Ichiko Ohya – Amanda Win Lee
There you have it, everything you need to know about the Persona 5 anime. If you’re after something new to play, our list of the best anime games has some great suggestions.