Want to know how to defeat Pokémon Go’s Arlo? Well, you’ve come to the right place. Just like the other team leaders, Arlo can switch around his line-up and be a pretty big threat, though the risks in this case are well worth the excellent rewards. As such, we’ve put together a list of the best counters to use against him, giving you a major edge in battle.
With such a huge list of Pokémon to pick from, and so many different types of moves, it can be a real challenge to know what team to choose when facing up against the masters. But in this Arlo guide, we will tell you exactly what to pick to counter each of his possible choices this month, making sure you can continue your journey to be the very best.
Now, let’s get into the counters.
Arlo will always use Shadow Mawile as his first Pokémon. Luckily, it’s a pretty easy opponent to beat. we recommend you use a fire or ground-type Pokémon to take it down.
- Typhlosion – Incinerate and Blast Burn
- Garchomp – Mud Shot and Earth Power
- Reshiram – Fire Fang and Overheat
For Arlo’s Staraptor we recommend you use a rock, electric, or ice-type Pokémon to take it down.
- Tyranitar – Smack Down and Stone Edge
- Rhyperior – Smack Down and Rock Wrecker
- Alolan Golem – Volt Switch and Wild Charge or Stone Edge
Arlo’s Shadow Charizard is a flying/fire-type Pokémon. To counter it, it’s a good idea to choose a Pokemon with water, rock, or electric-type moves.
- Kyogre – waterfall and hydro pump
- Zekrom – charge beam and wild charge
- Omastar – rock throw and rock slide
Salamence is a dragon/flying-type Pokémon. It has the same weaknesses as Dragonite, so we’ve chosen the same ‘mons as potential counters.
- Palkia – dragon breath and draco meteor
- Dialga – dragon breath and draco meteor
- Weavile – ice shard and avalanche
- Sylveon – charm and psyshock
Arlo may pick Shadow Scizor – this Pokémon is only weak to fire-type moves, so choose any of these hot ‘mons below.
- Reshiram – fire fang and overheat
- Standard Darmanitan – fire fang and overheat
- Moltres – fire spin and overheat or fire blast
Dragonite is 2x weak to ice and isn’t too fond of dragon, rock, and fairy attack. We recommend using any of these Pokémon to take it down.
- Mamoswine – Powder Snow and Avalanche
- Alolan Ninetales – Powder Snow and Weather Ball or Psyshock
- Sylveon – Charm and Moonblast
Granbull’s weaknesses include poison and steel-type attacks, so feel free to use any of the following ‘mons.
- Magnezone – Spark and Mirror Shot
- Metagross – Bullet Punch and Meteor Mash
- Nidoqueen – Poison Jab and Poison Fang
What rewards do I get for beating Arlo?
When you defeat Arlo, or any other Team Go Rocket Leader, you will gain some awesome rewards. You will always get 1,000 Stardust and a random selection of two of the following items:
- A 12km egg
- One Revive
- One Max Revive
- One Max Potion
- One Unova Stone
- One Sinnoh Stone
If you find this useful and are a big Pokémon fan, take a look at our Pokémon Go Cliff, Pokémon Go Sierra, Pokémon Go Giovanni, or Pokémon Go best Pokémon guides. You can also head over to our Pokémon Go events, Pokédex, or Pokémon Go promo code lists to see what freebies you can snag!